What do we know about Villanova?

A lot of the players are the same ones that played in the overtime game two years ago. Iowa gave them all they wanted. This time Iowa can give them more than they want.

They have been in the NCAA Tournament 5 of the last 6 years. They have been a 1 seed once and a 2 seed twice. And they are 0 for 5 making the Sweet 16.

They were a 1 seed last year and won 93 - 52 in their 1st game. Then they lost 68-71. Today they won 86-56 so...

Betting Trends

Hawkeyes are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games overall.
Wildcats are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 vs. Big Ten.
Over is 8-2 in Wildcats last 10 overall.
TV: CBS, 12:10 PM ET

Where: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York

Prediction: Villanova wins 78-69

Free Betting Pick: Wildcats -6.5

They have been in the NCAA Tournament 5 of the last 6 years. They have been a 1 seed once and a 2 seed twice. And they are 0 for 5 making the Sweet 16.

The trend of top 2 seed Villanova missing the sweet 16 constantly vs the trend of we're Iowa and good things never happen to us. I know how this one ends.

If Iowa wins I wouldn't consider it an upset They play better when the completion is better. I think we have a shot

Iowa's best is pretty much Villanova's best. We've seen that. I'm talking more in the traditional "we're a 7 seed and they're a 2 seed" sense.

I'd take Villanova and the points and will be shocked if Iowa covers. I keep envisioning this one going like the Gonzaga game last year, where one team was on a mission to get over the hump that they haven't been over for awhile. Man do I hope I'm wrong.

I'd take Villanova and the points and will be shocked if Iowa covers. I keep envisioning this one going like the Gonzaga game last year, where one team was on a mission to get over the hump that they haven't been over for awhile. Man do I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe Iowa does the humping?? Nah, you're probably right.

When is the last time Iowa pulled out an upset in the tournament?

Seed-wise, in 1999 Iowa was a 5 and beat 4th seeded Arkansas.

Here's another question: When was the last time Iowa didn't play the highest seeded team possible after advancing in the NCAA tournament? Obviously all first round games are set but Iowa never seems to benefit from an upset. And that pattern is shaping up this year as well. #2 Villanova won and if Iowa can beat them they'll match up with #3 Miami.

Well I know this. From what I've read from their fan forums, they've called us everything from hicks, to rednecks, to racists, to meth addicts, and more. Oh and morons for voting for Ted Cruz.

I checked in at a Temple website before we played them, and had some very good informative discussions. Thought I'd do the same with villanova. That's not happening with them.

The amount of hate, name calling, and vitriol for Iowa was shocking. And I checked a couple different sites thinking that I just happened upon an outlier. Nope, same. They really came across as east coast snobs who are better than every inbred hick who lives in fly-over country.

Screw you villanova. Your team will probably win the game, but you've permanently soured me on your douchey fanbase. What bunch of prejudiced clocksuckers.

Latest posts