What do we know about Villanova?

Seed-wise, in 1999 Iowa was a 5 and beat 4th seeded Arkansas.

Here's another question: When was the last time Iowa didn't play the highest seeded team possible after advancing in the NCAA tournament? Obviously all first round games are set but Iowa never seems to benefit from an upset. And that pattern is shaping up this year as well. #2 Villanova won and if Iowa can beat them they'll match up with #3 Miami.

I think miami is a better match up for us than Wichita state unless we got to play their c team again. I hope that matters.

When our region was posted Clark Kellogg immediately picked Iowa to advance to the Sweet 16.

Charles Barkley tried to pick us vs temple then he almost fell over using a touchscreen then every one else told him to pick temple so he did.

Well I know this. From what I've read from their fan forums, they've called us everything from hicks, to rednecks, to racists, to meth addicts, and more. Oh and morons for voting for Ted Cruz.

I checked in at a Temple website before we played them, and had some very good informative discussions. Thought I'd do the same with villanova. That's not happening with them.

The amount of hate, name calling, and vitriol for Iowa was shocking. And I checked a couple different sites thinking that I just happened upon an outlier. Nope, same. They really came across as east coast snobs who are better than every inbred hick who lives in fly-over country.

Screw you villanova. Your team will probably win the game, but you've permanently soured me on your douchey fanbase. What bunch of prejudiced clocksuckers.

I get when Stanford made fun of us but Villanova is in....philadelphia...

Seed-wise, in 1999 Iowa was a 5 and beat 4th seeded Arkansas.

Here's another question: When was the last time Iowa didn't play the highest seeded team possible after advancing in the NCAA tournament? Obviously all first round games are set but Iowa never seems to benefit from an upset. And that pattern is shaping up this year as well. #2 Villanova won and if Iowa can beat them they'll match up with #3 Miami.

Oh, and iowa seems to be a 7 or 8/9 often meaning any upset would be a massive one. That just wouldn't be in their favor.

Funny, if Iowa wouldn't have had a few unlucky bounces at the end of the season they would be the favorite. OU showed how to beat Nova. Iowa had a much tougher slate this season. I think that Iowa wins by double digits.

Don't get mad at the Villanova fan base. Small private school, with probably less support in their hometown than Iowa gets in Council Bluffs.

Little guy syndrome.

What do we know? That if we lose by less than we lost to Gonzaga last year, we're that many points closer to the Sweet 16!

What do we know? That if we lose by less than we lost to Gonzaga last year, we're that many points closer to the Sweet 16!

So if Iowa loses by 1 today their next tournament appearance would mean an automatic sweet 16.......Debating if I would sign up for that right now.

So if Iowa loses by 1 today their next tournament appearance would mean an automatic sweet 16.......Debating if I would sign up for that right now.

I used similar logic in certain years, i.e, ""I'd rather we go to the NIT and have a deep run to set the table for next season"

In reality, we want the win all the time, not wait for next year. Unless...you're one of those who roots for the football team to lose in order for KF to get fired...

I used similar logic in certain years, i.e, ""I'd rather we go to the NIT and have a deep run to set the table for next season"

In reality, we want the win all the time, not wait for next year. Unless...you're one of those who roots for the football team to lose in order for KF to get fired...

Extremely frustrated? Absolutely. Never to the point where I want Iowa to lose.