What are your top 2 moments of the Ncaa's?

WildTurkey

My # 1 is Jaybo knocking Mack Lewnes into the ground. What almost 4 min of RT, with 2 take downs on a guy that only aloud 13 offensive points all year(all escapes)Lewnes didnt even know what to do. Looked like a deer in the headlights.

#2 is Perry over Hendricks. When he had Johnny on his back i remember jumping up and down just like TnT! David finally knocked Goliath down... unreal

#1 is easy. Lou pinning Baumgartner 1981 finals. There are so many #2's.
I have watched that match several times. Lou was giving up 40 pounds in that match, and still picked Bruce up easily and threw him down. The near side cradle was a thing of beauty!

Steve Waite getting fouled on the layup for the W over Georgetown to get to the Final 4.....uh nevermind.....

Well, I have to second the Mcilravy/Abas match. What a story behind that match.

but to be different than whats already been posted, I would say
1. Seeing six guys in the finals in '97
2. Rob Ron pins Josh Lambrecht in the third round after being down 13 points. Sorry - not an Iowa match, I know, but it was really, really cool.

I'm starting out a little farther back so I had to look up some info ( BOY WAS THAT FUN !) to get my facts. Here we go my freshman year of highschool my brother took me to Ames Ia. the year 1979, Bruce Kinseth pins his way to NCAA Championship after having pinned all 4 opponents in the Big Tens.
1986 Iowa City, Iowa 158 points winning by 73.25 . Nine straight team titles 8 AA's 5 Champs
How could you not like the UNI Dome in 97. Gable last season , 170 team points 8AA's , 5 Champs.
I can't wait until Thursday morning and looking back has me feeling pretty good about this weekend. Lets make some more memories............

While not all time, epic matches I cant forget The look on Perrys face when he turned Troy Letters he knew he had him the whole way and Joe johnstons run in 2005 was also great.

Overall watching the finals at the dome in 1997 was very special but If I had to pick two I'd say...

Perry over Hendricks
Joe Johnston pinning Luke Becker at the dual at CHA.

Dan Erekson pinning Zabriskie in the 09 wrestle backs. Perry over Hendricks was a good one.

This is #1 for me - I only considered NCAAs I've attended (STL - 2009, Omaha - 2010 and this year is my 3rd).

Let me set the stage:

#7 Erekson faced #5 Zabriskie in the consolation semis on Saturday morning. Keep in mind, at this point Iowa's championship hopes seemed relatively bleak. Ohio State started the day in first, leading Iowa 84.5 - 81.0. We were grasping at straws after the debacle that was Friday night (when Falck, Tsirtsis, Borschel, and Beatty were knocked out of AA contention, and Dennis was beat and sent to the 7th place match). Spirits were low. I'm out of metaphors. Anyway, Morningstar came out 1st and (in typical Morningstar fashion) beat Moza Fay in OT. Then Keddy won methodically over Jones of Nebraska 6-1. Erekson took Zabriskie down immediately to start the match and you could hear a murmur start up in the Iowa sections. After a Zabriskie escape, 1:31 into the match, Erekson took Zabriskie down to his back and got the pin. The Scott Trade Center erupted. That was hands down the loudest (okay, the Caldwell-Metcalf match was pretty GD loud) I heard that place the entire tournament. We were all sorts of fired up.

It's impossible to pick 2 but Jaybos comeback against Hinrich to get to the finals in Omaha was epic. Pounding Lewnes was awesome too. The most memorable match of all time for me is Dan Dennis' finals loss that year with 5 sec to go. It was heartbreaking and still is.

Latest posts