What are your top 2 moments of the Ncaa's?

This is #1 for me - I only considered NCAAs I've attended (STL - 2009, Omaha - 2010 and this year is my 3rd).

Let me set the stage:

#7 Erekson faced #5 Zabriskie in the consolation semis on Saturday morning. Keep in mind, at this point Iowa's championship hopes seemed relatively bleak. Ohio State started the day in first, leading Iowa 84.5 - 81.0. We were grasping at straws after the debacle that was Friday night (when Falck, Tsirtsis, Borschel, and Beatty were knocked out of AA contention, and Dennis was beat and sent to the 7th place match). Spirits were low. I'm out of metaphors. Anyway, Morningstar came out 1st and (in typical Morningstar fashion) beat Moza Fay in OT. Then Keddy won methodically over Jones of Nebraska 6-1. Erekson took Zabriskie down immediately to start the match and you could hear a murmur start up in the Iowa sections. After a Zabriskie escape, 1:31 into the match, Erekson took Zabriskie down to his back and got the pin. The Scott Trade Center erupted. That was hands down the loudest (okay, the Caldwell-Metcalf match was pretty GD loud) I heard that place the entire tournament. We were all sorts of fired up.

That was a great morning!! I have to admit, I have been to around 20 national tournaments, and embarassingly so, that was the first Sat morning consolation I had ever been to(usually a little tired and hungover). It was unreal to watch everyone's hopes in the arena just fade away as the Hawks put on one of those "runs". It was amazing! We were in on of the suites that are around the very top of Scott Trade and had weird angles to watch, but the Erekeson Zabriskie match was in the corner right below us. Great memory of a great day of wrestling.

Latest posts