What are your score predictions?

High Scoring (for something different)

Iowa 42
ISU 38

Back and forth....whoever has the ball last and makes the fewest mistakes.

I think ISU will get 2 cheap scores probably in the 4th quarter. I have the Hawks winning 27-17. The game won't be close but the touchdowns will give cyfans the only thing they want, a delusion that it was close so they can talk about how great they are. Serious question, have the clowns ever been relevant on any scale in football. Ok, it's not a serious question, I know they haven't.

Actually, back in the '70s when Earle Bruce was their coach they were relevant. Earle is the only coach since 1920 to have a winning record at ISU (36-32). And he took them to two straight bowl games (losses) before he left for O$U. ISU then fell into less than mediocrity.

You guys do realize that the Mangenius will be calling plays and Alien Lizard is going to catch eleventy touchdowns, right? Friggin' homers.

Ames 184 UI 3

...or maybe Iowa 27 ISU 17

I'm glad you added that last part. For a second I thought I was over at cyfan.

Actually, back in the '70s when Earle Bruce was their coach they were relevant. Earle is the only coach since 1920 to have a winning record at ISU (36-32). And he took them to two straight bowl games (losses) before he left for O$U. ISU then fell into less than mediocrity.

4 games over .500 and 2 bowl games isn't relevant in my mind. It's better than anything they've done since and they were a tough team to play. I was going to school in Des Moines and my best friend was going to ISU and I went to a few games back then. I thought Earl Bruce was a good coach but it wasn't until he went to Ohio State that he was recognized nation wide. I would agree he was relevant in Iowa but I don't believe he won any conference championships. I seem to remember 1 bowl game he played against North Carolina when Mack Brown was the coach there and former Viking Ted Brown was the running back.

According to the ESPN blog, Hawks lose.

[h=3]Brandon Chatmon[/h][h=3]Max Olson[/h][h=3]Jake Trotter[/h]
Iowa vs.
Iowa State
i
i
i

Upset special: The Cyclones showed it is too early to write them off during a close loss toKansas State. Meanwhile, Iowa hasn't looked like an elite team during its first two games. There were times the Cyclones were dominating K-State, and ISU could carry that momentum into a win over its rival. Iowa State 31, Iowa 27 Chatmon

I always predict Iowa to lose. Doesn't matter who they play. I do that because in every case but ONE where I picked Iowa to win since 2002, they lost.

That being said....I have a really, REALLY bad feeling about this game. Something tells me the Hawks are going to lose...and lose badly. ISU putting up 30+ and Iowa scoring less than 20. I just have a feeling ISU is going to have multiple big plays (all passes) and our offense struggles to move the ball on the ground against 8-9 in the box and Jake not throwing downfield (until it is too late) enough....and when he does he is off target or throws into tight/double coverage.

I also fear the Hawks will try to force long throws early instead of taking what the defense give us, while ISU comes out with a wide open attack, exposing our poor linebacker play.

I hope to heck I'm wrong.

HAWKS 31
Proud pants. 13
Looking forward to all the side line shenanigans from paw. Should be entertaining!

According to the ESPN blog, Hawks lose.

Brandon Chatmon

Max Olson

Jake Trotter

Iowa vs.
Iowa State

i

i

i

Upset special: The Cyclones showed it is too early to write them off during a close loss toKansas State. Meanwhile, Iowa hasn't looked like an elite team during its first two games. There were times the Cyclones were dominating K-State, and ISU could carry that momentum into a win over its rival. Iowa State 31, Iowa 27– Chatmon

Big 12 blog, dude. the Big 10 blog is unanimously on our side.

Should we expect different from the bloggers for each conference?

I'd feel a lot better if this game were in Ames. I think Iowa plays better when they get away from Iowa City.

ISU 23
Iowa 21

Looks for Clowns to run a lot of gimmick plays. Probably a fake punt and/or onside kick, flea flicker, hook and ladder, maybe even a fumblerooski. God knows Paw needs to pull this stuff to get his guys all riled up. May even get his air guitar out for the occasion. Rudock needs to keep his pick free streak going to avoid giving ISU any momentum.

Kirk isn't too happy with Paw about all the recruiting bluster in regards to Lazard. I think if there was ever a game where he'd love to run it up, this would be it.

There will be a trench in the sideline after the game from where Mangino was pacing.

Hawks win 31-13.

Iowa covers spread. Game never in doubt.

Real story is on ISU sidelines:
Middle of second quarter the Iowa state patrol and dci agents are called to the isu sidelines and paul rhoads is taken away in cuffs as a result of his actions two minutes earlier when he was on his knees yet again in front of a ref. It is revealed at half that rhoads was arrested for soliciting a referee.

Since no one else volunteers to coach isu, mangino is chosen by drawing straws. Mangino steps to the headset and pulls out his white hood from his kansas days and proceeds to threaten to send all of the African American players back to their "homies". As a result the only players left on the field are three overweight linemen that took the photo with chains.

Immediately after the game pollard gives mangino a two year extension. Paul rhoads is next seen at the Blue Oyster wearing chaps and a sweet mustache.

To be different than everyone else in this thread (I am a contrarian), and because I think the Hawks game-plan of playing close games is due to backfire:

ISU 21 - Iowa 17

I was really close... This game went about how I expected it to go. Iowa can't run the ball and took their foot off the gas to start the second half today and paid for it.

Latest posts