What are the chances for ANY tournament?

Screw you, we are not talking about eating cat turd pizza but watching Iowa basketball. Where the heck you come up with this stuff?

We're talking about great things being ruined by their surroundings. Pizza gets ruined if you put it in teh cat box, and Iowa Basketball gets ruined if you put it in the basketball equivilent of teh cat box.

Our chances are not great for NCAA... but the way Gaten's is shooting we can win the BIG and get in. Who in the Big10 can beat us when he's hot???

We're talking about great things being ruined by their surroundings. Pizza gets ruined if you put it in teh cat box, and Iowa Basketball gets ruined if you put it in the basketball equivilent of teh cat box.

LOL yes, we wouldn't dare want to ruin Iowa's prestigious basketball program by playing in a second rate tournament. All of Iowa's success over the past five years will be wiped away by that first NIT game.

Well it is pretty simple if watching Iowa Basketball in a CBI/CIT tournament is like eating a cat turd pizza then find something else to do with your time. Maybe you and herby will find something else to argue about. :D

Last edited:
WOW.... you don't have to watch. I think it would be great for any tourney...it gives them additional tourney experience.

Who wants to go to the CIT or CBI? The only thing more embarassing that losing in those tournaments is winning those tournaments.

This could be us, Baby.....

Each and every game in the tournament, up to and including the Championship.....

Oregon+Oregon+St+Bask_Furm.jpg

The tournament possibilitites are many and mighty......

:D

any tourny by Iowa will be better than the last 7 years, and it can only help this team get better. so what if Ghost hates the idea of a post season tourny no matter where or who, you need to think about the positives, with each win the younger kids gain more experience and get more practice time, it is clearly a benefit to the coaches and the players

Who wants to go to the CIT or CBI? The only thing more embarassing that losing in those tournaments is winning those tournaments.
I have to respectfully disagree. The tournament gives your younger players more practice time, and it gives Gatens more playing time.

Everybody wins.

I have to respectfully disagree. The tournament gives your younger players more practice time, and it gives Gatens more playing time.

Everybody wins.

Younger players get practice time all year long. Gatens needs to work on his NBA game, not preparing for Iona in March.

Best case scenario we win a best of three championship vs. a MAC also-ran broadcast to dozens on HDnet, and worst case scenario we lose a home game (that we had to pay to host) to a CAA also-ran.

Nobody wins.

Younger players get practice time all year long. Gatens needs to work on his NBA game, not preparing for Iona in March.

Best case scenario we win a best of three championship vs. a MAC also-ran broadcast to dozens on HDnet, and worst case scenario we lose a home game (that we had to pay to host) to a CAA also-ran.

Nobody wins.

You have REALLY stepped up your trolling game lately. Gatensesque almost.

Wow, the collective IQ of these boards is bottoming out in a hurry.

I'd take any post-season berth...anything that shows the program is making strides. And if we're playing in the CBI/CIT I'll be watching every game.

Nobody wins.
You can't duplicate game conditions. It really isn't any different than a minor bowl game like the Insight Bowl. Plus, this team is a little different with Gatens playing his last few games. Iowa fans care about this kid a lot, and want to see him play. One or two more home games in a post-season tournament would allow that to happen.

I think you are being a little too cynical on this one, but, of course, that's your style isn't it?

Remember, this team went 11-20 last year. A winning record this year and a post-season berth (any berth) would be a significant step forward in a very difficult conference.