What about Jok??

Before his injury, he was getting loads of attention and then everyone backed off. I understand he may not be the same player post-injury.. Has anyone heard any recent analysis on Jok comparing him to the player he was before injuries? I haven't read that he is NOT the same player either, though.

If nothing else, it sounds like he will be a good shooter, and you can never have too many shooters. But I'm hoping he can still be a player that can be explosive and get to the rim.

Regarding his lack of offers - was his commitment to us considered early? Would he have had a lot more offers if he hadn't committed to Iowa when he did?

If Jok didn't commit in Nov., he would have had a ton of offers in the spring. He shot the ball well, he look healed from the injury and was a Parade AA. We got a steal.

Peter Jok is an unranked three star with offers from Iowa and Drake, why would anyone talk about him outside of Iowa fans.

Verbal Commits | Peter Jok Player Profile, Highlights, Offers, Twitter

jokoffers_zps2da62e3a.jpg

If Jok didn't commit in Nov., he would have had a ton of offers in the spring. He shot the ball well, he look healed from the injury and was a Parade AA. We got a steal.

That is what I was hoping - that Jok's "lack of offers" was not because of a lack of ability, but rather a combination of him committing to us early and other programs waiting to see how he recovered from his injuries.

Kudos to Fran for sticking with Jok and getting an under-the-radar talent.

I was going by Rivals, Peter Jok - Yahoo! Sports

My point isn't that Jok won't be a good player, I think he will be very good, and maybe even a great player before he is done at Iowa.

My point is that, if you're a Michigan fan, or an Indiana fan, you aren't going to look at his recruiting profile and wonder how Iowa landed a kid like that.

Another poster asked if we have confirmation that he isn't the same player before his injuries; if you listen to the hawkeyereport podcast, the one with Kirk Speraw as the guest, Kirk states that he might never be that player again.

I was going by Rivals, Peter Jok - Yahoo! Sports

My point isn't that Jok won't be a good player, I think he will be very good, and maybe even a great player before he is done at Iowa.

My point is that, if you're a Michigan fan, or an Indiana fan, you aren't going to look at his recruiting profile and wonder how Iowa landed a kid like that.

Another poster asked if we have confirmation that he isn't the same player before his injuries; if you listen to the hawkeyereport podcast, the one with Kirk Speraw as the guest, Kirk states that he might never be that player again.

Point taken.

Good. I don't want to be redundant, but I do want to be clear, I am not anti-Peter Jok in the least. I'm very excited about his shooting ability.

Another poster asked if we have confirmation that he isn't the same player before his injuries; if you listen to the hawkeyereport podcast, the one with Kirk Speraw as the guest, Kirk states that he (Jok) might never be that player again.

Knee injuries are not easy to come back from. Adrienne Peterson is the exception, not the rule. But knee surgery has progressed in the last few decades when a knee injury meant the end of a career.

I'm excited about the potential Jok has shown. But I will temper that excitement and hope to see him develop into a great all-around player by the time he's a junior.

GO HAWKS!!!