What about Bob Hanson?

I would not have a problem with Bobby Hanson as an assistant coach. He has all that NBA experience and he has been around the program for years as the color guy. He knows the current players well and has a very high BBALL IQ.

In the past, Bobby has maintained he doesn't want to coach.

Things change, times change. If Bobby can help, and if he has offered it, then Coach McCaffery needs to consider him. I know you are a die-hard follower of Iowa basketball, as am I, but have you heard the disappointment in Bobby's voice calling the games the past few years?
Passion is something that you can not coach, can not fake. Bobby has a Passion for Iowa Hawkeye Basketball and those are the type of people we need leading these kids that grew up wanting to play for 'IOWA'.

I would rather have Bobby as a PR guy. Coaching doesn't seem like his thing. Would love for BJ to get involved some how. I don't think coaching would be good for him but being around and generating excitement would be awesome. With BJ and Bobby around helping put Iowa on the map, would be a change that has to be made. I was almost more excited about seeing more ex-Hawkeye players today and hearing Fran encouraging them to be involved and call him with players they have seen. Having old teams show up and having player nights pumping the crowd up, it's now or never.

No way do I want Bobby out off the radio broadcasts, he adds way too much to the game.

Latest posts