What a play by Baer

uihawk82

The follow rebound dunk by Baer later in the game was just a great, a great hustle and smart play. I tell you I would take 10 Baer's with two of them having good point guard skills. I think I heard during the game he was hitting 42% from 3 pt range, he gets rebounds, steals, and plays good defense. During an earlier game about a month ago the game analyst said Baer was one of 3 players with a certain combination of steals, rebounds, and 3 pt makes.

I think he can pick up more of Jok's minutes and points next year.

The follow rebound dunk by Baer later in the game was just a great, a great hustle and smart play. I tell you I would take 10 Baer's with two of them having good point guard skills. I think I heard during the game he was hitting 42% from 3 pt range, he gets rebounds, steals, and plays good defense. During an earlier game about a month ago the game analyst said Baer was one of 3 players with a certain combination of steals, rebounds, and 3 pt makes.

Baer is a good player, but if Iowa had ten Baers they wouldn't do very good in the conference.

Baer is a player every team would love to have. He comes in and brings his hustle and intangibles to every game. He is the guy that makes the other players better by doing the little things to make the team better. By his senior year he will continue to be the same player as he is now, only better. Typical walk on with a "chip" on his shoulder. Love the guy.

During an earlier game about a month ago the game analyst said Baer was one of 3 players with a certain combination of steals said:
I cant remember the exact stat but it was a combination of many. Him and Burton of ISU were the only two in the country who had that particular stat line though. Pretty impressive!

Only 2 players in the country have the said combination of stats, and ironically the other is Burton for IA State, so both in the same state.

There's something about having that all around player like Baer is. They make the perfect 6th man (if not starting) as a team doesn't really lose a thing when they come in. Actually in Baer's situation, he makes the team better. He has a high b-ball IQ and reads and reacts very well. When he rebounds, he knows how and where the ball will fall off the rim and anticipates. This may be the downfall with many of the other young Iowa players, reading the ball and knowing the angles on a rebound.

Baer is that Jack-of-all-trades when he is in and produces in many areas on the court. Add in the fact that he brings energy and other players want to match it.

33%. His shooting and FT% are way down over last year, but a lot of other stats are up.

He didn't shoot very well against Illinois. Just one of those kids where it will be rare if he has back -to-back poor games. He can flush it and move on with the best of them.

I do think he needs to work on his dribble drive and making it to the hoop to be an all around player. He has the defense, the rebounding, the instincts and long frame, a good shooter but not great, if he can drive past guys it opens up his jumper game.

We can enjoy him for two more years.

If you watch that clip, he is the only one on the floor who makes any attempt at the rebound. Pemsl takes a few steps, but everyone else just stands and watches the ball. It's all about effort.

If you watch that clip, he is the only one on the floor who makes any attempt at the rebound. Pemsl takes a few steps, but everyone else just stands and watches the ball. It's all about effort.

Probably because Jok shot it so everyone just assumed it was in. :)

Latest posts