What a let down

simpsons%20grandpa.gif

not the case... i have had season tickets for years and will not renew them after this...

if you wanted to hire a guy that could have united the fan base and get people excited about iowa basketball we should have hired BJ Armstrong..

Yes you are right BJ Armstrong would have packed the house! I could have really gotten behind that hire. With his track record of taking a team the the NCAA tourney 3 years straight. His proven ability of turning around program after program.

Nothing against BJ god bless him and his continued support of Iowa basketball.

I am going to go with the guy that has been getting it done.

I wouldn't worry about Forbes. If you believe some on this board, he's so great he'll have his pick from the DePaul, St. John's, Seton Hall or Oregon jobs....no doubt, the AD's are just licking their chops too make the call to the assistant coach at UT to come run their program.

It sure will be tough for him to decide which one of those jobs he wants. Man, Barta really screwed that up, as all of those other schools are definitely making the call!

Yes you are right BJ Armstrong would have packed the house! I could have really gotten behind that hire. With his track record of taking a team the the NCAA tourney 3 years straight. His proven ability of turning around program after program.

Nothing against BJ god bless him and his continued support of Iowa basketball.

I am going to go with the guy that has been getting it done.

you are right.. he has been getting it done.. in the MAAC.. do you know where that is without looking it up.. can you name 3 schools in the conference not including Siena?

sure hes made the tourny the last 3 years but for god sake.. that doesnt make him a candidate for the iowa coaching job.. thats how we got LICK and oh yeah we are all thrilled with how that worked out..

BJ could have hired an all-star cast of assistant coaches and filled carver... players want to play for people not seat backs... and Fran is not going to sell anymore season tickets than Lick...

Sideshow- You're screen name is a fitting description. Having been on the road all day I come on this site to get some news on the new coach and the first thing I see is your lame-a$$ negative posts on the hire. Maybe you should have left your number with Barta so he could have cleared it with you first. And who on these boards really care if you renew your season tickets or not? Un-effin-believable.

you are right.. he has been getting it done.. in the MAAC.. do you know where that is without looking it up.. can you name 3 schools in the conference not including Siena?

sure hes made the tourny the last 3 years but for god sake.. that doesnt make him a candidate for the iowa coaching job.. thats how we got LICK and oh yeah we are all thrilled with how that worked out..

BJ could have hired an all-star cast of assistant coaches and filled carver... players want to play for people not seat backs... and Fran is not going to sell anymore season tickets than Lick...

First, why assume that BJ would want to be the head coach job? There is no reason to assume so since he's played here. Plus there are more examples of failed star players returning to their own school then there are mid-majors coaches (or assistant coaches at a major school) having success.

Their isn't really any comparison between Lickliter and McCaffery outside of the fact that they coached mid-major schools at one time. Lick was a high school coach and a small school assistant. Lick hadn't had long term success at Butler and he had inherited talent and tradition. Siena was a nobody before McCaffery took over, he built that program. He has high level experience (Notre Dame) which shows that he might have an idea of what he's doing.

Look, this guy wasn't my first choice either but acting like he has no credentials is a mistake.

Will he fail, chances are he will but that has more to do with the fact that it's hard to be a successful coach and the odds are against him as they are any coach at any school.

I'm hoping he doesn't and I'm not going to pronounce him or a Barta a failure before he even steps a damn foot on campus.

I know he hasn't recruited the best to Siena but that could have a lot to do with the fact that it's Siena. The name of the school itself could be hindering recruiting. Especially when there are so many better places to play in that region.

Come on people! Give this man a chance. He has been chosen and now we must give him the opportunity to do his stuff. It is not good to get down on him already. This team at Iowa is really down and it will take him some time to rally the troops and get things going We need as fans to encourage this new coach and cheer him on. Lets do it!

Latest posts