What a bunch of babies...

What did people expect a blowout? We are playing in Happy Valley, one of the toughest places to play in the conference. Penn State wanted this one very badly and have played like a team that wanted this win. A whole lot of breaks went their way, but that aside they played a good game, and it was not Iowa's day.

Some fans need to stop acting like they are bi-polar or worse and take this game like men (No offense ladies).
So with 2 weeks of game planning for Penn State, this is okay? The team was not prepared and that is on the coaching staff.

Tavern hawks and bandwagen jumpers, I've been tired of them for 40 years since my grandfather (UI 1930) explained to me what they were. I can count on one hand how many "Iowa fans" I know who were just as passionate when Bob Commings and FXL where the coaches and Iowa truly stunk. I'd rather have 40 K fans who truly cared about the program and the University than fill Kinnick with 30 k more tavern hawks. Tavern hawks are a big part of why the leg, both parties, wear black and gold on sat and on monday work to gut the funding of academics. I get angry because these games make the university seem like a joke for paying a coach for such pitiful performance and arrogent attitude when said coach is questioned about it. So excuse me for expecting elite performance for elite pay.

Those non-alum fans help quite a bit in paying the bills. Very few programs can sustain themselves just on what they get from alumni. And we aren't one of them.

Why does it matter if you went to Iowa for your degree? If you can't figure that one out it explains why you didn't go there. We alumni get tired of those with no skin in the game telling those of us with just a little more commitment to the University of Iowa than buying a T-shirt defining what we should accept from programs at our alma mater. And yes, 4th generation UI graduate, 2 degrees myself, 2 kids on campus now.

Give me a moment to prepare my response...

*ahem*

You're an idiot

/Class of '03
//Also, CSB, I think I lost my Iowa diploma

Why does it matter if you went to Iowa for your degree? If you can't figure that one out it explains why you didn't go there. We alumni get tired of those with no skin in the game telling those of us with just a little more commitment to the University of Iowa than buying a T-shirt defining what we should accept from programs at our alma mater. And yes, 4th generation UI graduate, 2 degrees myself, 2 kids on campus now.
facepalm-lion-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1240941693.jpg

might be the dumbest post i've ever read on this site. wow.:eek:

Latest posts