Western Kentucky's local newspaper coverage

Ba dum ching

trolltrap.jpg

Tops lose 63-55 to Iowa in Cancun - Bowling Green Daily News: Sports

Quote from coach Harper:

"The effort was good, just missed opportunities," WKU coach Ray Harper said. "Against a team like Iowa, you got to make some shots. Tonight we shoot 33 percent and I thought we had some really good looks. We had some rim shots and we had some open looks. But give our guys credit, they played their tails off and tonight wasn't good enough."

It's always tricky trying to read between the coach-speak lines so I'm trying to figure out what his real message is? I think it means basically that WKU should have won the game?

"The effort was good, we just missed opportunities that Iowa had nothing to do with us missing those opportunities",,,, "Against any team (I'd like to know which team you do not have to make shots against), you have to make shots" We shot 33% percent, again not that Iowa had anything to do with that, and I thought our guys were wide open all game. We missed uncontested lay-ups because our guys had no fear of getting their shots rejected by Iowa's length and quite simply we had many wide open, un-contested looks. But don't give Iowa any credit, our guys outworked them but for some strange reason we lost.

It's always tricky trying to read between the coach-speak lines so I'm trying to figure out what his real message is? I think it means basically that WKU should have won the game?

"The effort was good, we just missed opportunities that Iowa had nothing to do with us missing those opportunities",,,, "Against any team (I'd like to know which team you do not have to make shots against), you have to make shots" We shot 33% percent, again not that Iowa had anything to do with that, and I thought our guys were wide open all game. We missed uncontested lay-ups because our guys had no fear of getting their shots rejected by Iowa's length and quite simply we had many wide open, un-contested looks. But don't give Iowa any credit, our guys outworked them but for some strange reason we lost.

Are you related to Herby?

Latest posts