Were you counting Maryland as a win like me?

I am thinking B1G conference is gonna be the best conference in America,with the addition of Maryland and Rutgers. I don't think if Maryland or Rutgers would be an " automatic wins". They're gonna play hard, and give it a best shot, and give us " hard fought " games. I would be happy to have win .

Last edited:
I am thinking B1G conference is gonna be the best conference in America,with the addition of Maryland and Rutgers. I don't think if Maryland or Rutgers would be an " automatic wins". They're gonna play hard, and give it a best shot, and give us " hard fought " games. I would be happy to have win .

I'm not only counting Rutgers as a win, I'm "counting on" it as a win. They are absolutely gawed awful. They've been destroyed by George Washington and St Peters. On the plus side, they did beat St Francis Brooklyn by 3:rolleyes:

I'm not only counting Rutgers as a win, I'm "counting on" it as a win. They are absolutely gawed awful. They've been destroyed by George Washington and St Peters. On the plus side, they did beat St Francis Brooklyn by 3:rolleyes:

This is exactly spot on. Every B1G team should count on Rutgers as a win, they are terrible. I knew Maryland would be okay with Dez Wells back and the incoming freshman, but they really impressed me last night. Going to be a tough out for everyone. Also, Illinois is not an automatic W, some people were saying that earlier this year. We lost to them at home last year!

As for ISU, I thought they were a solid top 15 team, now I still think they are top 25. I think they will be favorites when they come to Carver. But as others have said, losing Kane and Ejim will hurt them more than they realize. It might be tough for ISU on the road again (more than other teams) because of how they cry and crumble after a call doesn't go their way. It's comical.

This is exactly spot on. Every B1G team should count on Rutgers as a win, they are terrible. I knew Maryland would be okay with Dez Wells back and the incoming freshman, but they really impressed me last night. Going to be a tough out for everyone. Also, Illinois is not an automatic W, some people were saying that earlier this year. We lost to them at home last year!

As for ISU, I thought they were a solid top 15 team, now I still think they are top 25. I think they will be favorites when they come to Carver. But as others have said, losing Kane and Ejim will hurt them more than they realize. It might be tough for ISU on the road again (more than other teams) because of how they cry and crumble after a call doesn't go their way. It's comical.

In the world of JUCO. I mean world of transfers. I mean Division I. Wins away from home are always difficult.

I see the Big Ten having a big logjam in the middle, but not as good as the ACC this year, with Va, Duke, UNC and Louisville in the top ten....Big Ten has Wis.

The Terps looked great, and I think Iowa will struggle to beat them , even at Carver.
ISU is just getting Nader and Thomas back, and will get Mckay at the semester, so I suspect they will improve with all hands on deck. The UNLV transfer looks very good, as does Morris, Niang, Hogue and Long....they will be tough, but K St. looked tough vs Zona also....Big 12 is good.

iowa will need to scramble hard for every win , even at home. Turgeon can escape the axe with this recruiting class.

I would have to agree with some that ISU is over-hyped. I think they are a good basketball team still that deserves to be on fringe of the top 25. Losing Ejim and Kane is huge. They were top 15 last year with a good tourney run with those 2. Naz Long saved them about 3 games. Idk if they can win that many close games again. Kind of like Auburn (football) whos luck finally ran out against A&M this year. The transfers they have coming in cant replace Ejim and Kane right away. Those two were the heart and soul. They cam certainly develop over the course to be a better team. Niang has now stepped into that role and he's a good player but the other 2 could impact the team more due to their ball handling and driving ability. I heard many times people saying they were gonna be better. It just doesn't add up. Unless they brought in Marcus Paige and Tyler Haws. Just too much production to be made up inexperienced players.

ISU was two Naz Long buzzer beaters from being 9-9 in the B12 last year and they lost two 1st team All B12 guys. They are much more likely to be a .500 conference team than win the B12 this year like most of their fans are predicting. I mean we have idiot ISU fans claiming that Kansas can't reload like ISU can.

I see the Big Ten having a big logjam in the middle, but not as good as the ACC this year, with Va, Duke, UNC and Louisville in the top ten....Big Ten has Wis.

The Terps looked great, and I think Iowa will struggle to beat them , even at Carver.
ISU is just getting Nader and Thomas back, and will get Mckay at the semester, so I suspect they will improve with all hands on deck. The UNLV transfer looks very good, as does Morris, Niang, Hogue and Long....they will be tough, but K St. looked tough vs Zona also....Big 12 is good.

iowa will need to scramble hard for every win , even at home. Turgeon can escape the axe with this recruiting class.

Nader sucks, he was terrible at NIU. He will be much closer to an Anthony Booker type player than a Royce White or Clyburn type. I want to see how McKay affects their offense, if he's not much of a threat it's just going to let another big help out on Niang and we saw last night how Niang struggles with length.

Iowa played better than Texas in the first half and then got basically dominated by them in the second half because they couldn't shoot the ball and turned it over a bunch.

Iowa got down 15 late against Syracuse and fought all the way back and lost at the end.

Iowa's not a top 10 team, but they certainly don't suck like some people are claiming.

Latest posts