Were the fans booing the commish?

NCHawker

After the BTCCG, Delaney took the mic and when he was introduced I thought I heard the fans booing? Was I the only one?

I attribute it more to booing OSU thru Delany, since he said something to the effect of "let's hear it for OSU as well."

It's quite possible Delaney wanted to c*ck punch Dantonio for ruining the BoneG's chances at a BCS title representative.

They were booing the Commish. They booed him even before he said anything. Every sport does it now. It's the popular thing to do and many times warranted.

It does not bother me that they boo the guy but I think Delaney is the best commissioner the Big Ten has ever had. He has been a step ahead of everyone else.

It does not bother me that they boo the guy but I think Delaney is the best commissioner the Big Ten has ever had. He has been a step ahead of everyone else.

Except for that time he open his big mouth about Alabama not making it to the SEC championship game, yet they dominated the NC game.

Or his whole playoffs stance.

Or his whole lack of spine when it came to PSU & OSU scandals

I agreed with him on the all SEC BCS title game. You should have to win your conference to play in the NC game

After the BTCCG, Delaney took the mic and when he was introduced I thought I heard the fans booing? Was I the only one?
That's a easy one....he has wrecked college sports with his expansion and the natural rivals that are gone. In the next few years he will be looked at as a greedy fool which spoiled college sports. No one wants to see Maryland and Rutgers and adding those schools was just plain foolish.

That's a easy one....he has wrecked college sports with his expansion and the natural rivals that are gone. In the next few years he will be looked at as a greedy fool which spoiled college sports. No one wants to see Maryland and Rutgers and adding those schools was just plain foolish.

Yeah, all he has done is pour millions of dollars into every B1G schools bank account.

Yeah, all he has done is pour millions of dollars into every B1G schools bank account.

It's not all about money dude. Penn State, Nebraska...those are great adds to the the tradition of the B10 and the credibility that comes from their success. Rutgers and Maryland are a joke to the prestige of the B10. It was all about TV markets and MONEY. I'd boo Devany too...I think it was worth it to wait for Notre Dame to come around...that trumps both those schools in one swoop. Hell, I think Missouri would have been a good get too and we balked there.

I agreed with him on the all SEC BCS title game. You should have to win your conference to play in the NC game

Well Alabama proved that wrong. The LSU vs Alabama NC pitted the best two teams in the country against each other and Alabama won it. We can argue in circles about this but the fact is the ultimate test is the eye ball test. Alabama that year would've killed any Conference champ that year, everyone knew they deserved to be in there they just didn't want to see a SEC vs SEC NC game so they hide behind some lame saying "you oughta win your conference".

It's not all about money dude. Penn State, Nebraska...those are great adds to the the tradition of the B10 and the credibility that comes from their success. Rutgers and Maryland are a joke to the prestige of the B10. It was all about TV markets and MONEY. I'd boo Devany too...I think it was worth it to wait for Notre Dame to come around...that trumps both those schools in one swoop. Hell, I think Missouri would have been a good get too and we balked there.

I agree with you on Missouri, as a Hawk fan that would have been awesome to have an inconference rival at every border. Plus I thought they could pay for themselves bringing in the St Louis and Kansas City markets. But Notre Dame is never going to happen and it would have been stupid for Delaney to wait on them. Screw ND, we don't need them.

Well Alabama proved that wrong. The LSU vs Alabama NC pitted the best two teams in the country against each other and Alabama won it. We can argue in circles about this but the fact is the ultimate test is the eye ball test. Alabama that year would've killed any Conference champ that year, everyone knew they deserved to be in there they just didn't want to see a SEC vs SEC NC game so they hide behind some lame saying "you oughta win your conference".

We will have to agree to disagree on that. LSU had already defeated Alabama, they should not have had to beaten them twice to prove they deserved the NC. IMO, it gave Alabama an unfair advantage.

Alabama is the best team in the country this year and will not win the NC since they lost to Auburn on a fluke play. You can go back through the history of NCAA football and there have been many examples of the best team not winning the NC because of whatever reason. Whether you think it is fair or not it is what made college football with the bowls different. After this year we will not have these arguments since they will have the playoffs. Instead the arguments will be surrounding the 4th team that qualifies until they expand it to 8 teams and then the bowl system will be ruined.

I would've been fine with Mizzou and Maryland in the most recent expansion. Maryland at least has a good basketball program. The only thing Rutgers has is a huge television market that doesn't give a **** about college sports.

I would've been fine with Mizzou and Maryland in the most recent expansion. Maryland at least has a good basketball program. The only thing Rutgers has is a huge television market that doesn't give a **** about college sports.

I agree, Rutgers being added was a disappointment and I would have preferred Missouri. The only reason why they got added was because of the amount New York and New Jersey television sets that would have to pay the premium rate for BTN. It does not mean they will tune in to watch, which does not matter.

That jackhole oughta be booed everywhere he goes because

1) Rutgers

2) Maryland

Dbaglany diluted the B1G solely to try to force the Big Ten Network into the DC and NYC media markets, prestige and geographical integrity be damned.

What a farce.

That jackhole oughta be booed everywhere he goes because

1) Rutgers

2) Maryland

Dbaglany diluted the B1G solely to try to force the Big Ten Network into the DC and NYC media markets, prestige and geographical integrity be damned.

What a farce.

Correct. And how long do we really have before bundled cable commits suicide? Cable companies are bleeding subscribers and as services like Hulu, Amazon Prime and Netflix improve, cable will lose more subscribers. The only content they can really dictate terms on anymore is live sports, but even that ain't enough to stop the cancellations. I think the decision to bring in Rutgers and MD will be viewed in 20 years as one of the dumbest college sports moves ever.

He's the man in charge so he gets booed, its just a thing with fans now days. Every commish gets booed.

Latest posts