Were the 4th Q collapses in 2010 a harbinger for 2011?

seepig

Watching a replay of the OSU v Iowa game last year one can only wonder. With the lack of experience on the D-Line, coupled with Iowa's arrogance regarding playing more D backs against spread offenses, will we see a repeat of last year? My predictions:

James V. will have a solid year.

Coker will be scintillating

We will make every QB in the Big 10 better than he is because we will rush 4 and try to cover the slot receiver and a wide out with LBs. Last time I checked 4.4 or 4.5 beats 4.7 or 4.8 every time.

Tenn. Tech, Pitt., ULM, NW and probably Michigan will all be games where we see tongues dragging because our D will be on the field for 17 play drives.

KOK will continue to run when the D knows he's going to run and pass in obvious situations. Which again will lead to an inability for our Offense to close out games so our D doesn't have to.

Anyone predicting success beyond 7-5 or 8-4 needs to have their head examined or needs to see me about swamp land in Florida...I'll sell you some real cheap.

So you can predict a bad season before it starts but those who predict a good one are idiots. Living like that isn't healthy. Also, liked the arrogance comment, made me laugh good one.

So we lose some close games because of style in 2010, and we won some close games in 2009 because??? The truth is our style keeps games close for better or worse. Iowa must execute at the end of games. I also feel the D missed Norm last year. Tough to predict the season until we know how THIS team executes down the stretch.

2011 > 2010.

Let's hope so. Last year was pretty frustrating, It's a lot different going in to a season with moderate expectations than when you have pipe dreams of a National Championship.

A lot will happen over the next 12 weeks, enjoy it while it lasts because it goes by very quickly. At least this year we won't be too disappointed if things don't go perfect. If we do have a great season, it will make for a great fall.

We were 8-4 in 2008 and that's still one of my favorite seasons as a Hawkeye fan. We had a bad run in some early games but finished strong. Having Shonn Greene helped too.

Latest posts