Well-Traveled Filip Rebraca at Home with Hawkeyes

With Rebraca and J-dub in the fold, this team would undoubtedly be dangerous...
Has the Reb played against B1G competition before and how has he done?

If not then to make conclusions is highly speculative.

It’s ok to be hopeful as that’s the natural tendency of most fan bases.

Now if Joe W returns then that changes things quite a bit. Outside shooting would be good and a guard that can aggressively drive and attack the rim, would free up space for Reb. Without Joe W it’s going to be a long year unless someone else steps up B1G time.

He did well against Minnesota in their meeting last year, going 23/6 against the rodents. That included going 2-3 from three. Robbins, the Minnesota center scored 9 points and had 7 rebounds.

Now if Joe W returns then that changes things quite a bit. Outside shooting would be good and a guard that can aggressively drive and attack the rim, would free up space for Reb. Without Joe W it’s going to be a long year unless someone else steps up B1G time.
Yeah JW is gone I think. I see little to no chance of him returning from all that I've been reading. So our lineup will be interesting next yr. Here's my guess at what it'll be. I think those 4 guards will all play quite a bit with whomever is playing the best playing more.

JT/Uliss
I'm an idiot I forgot JBo, Perkins
PM/CM
Keagan Murray
Rebracca

Last edited:
Talk about a well traveled guy. Geesh. That's an understatement. Love everything I've read he should fit in great on the floor. Taking advantage of mismatches and having versatile guys that can play inside out be it putting the ball on the floor or posting up is the name of todays game for sure.

Talk about a well traveled guy. Geesh. That's an understatement. Love everything I've read he should fit in great on the floor. Taking advantage of mismatches and having versatile guys that can play inside out be it putting the ball on the floor or posting up is the name of todays game for sure.
Wonder where his next stop will be?

Joe W would help, no question, but I'm wondering how much this allows the Murray twins to step up? They are already talking about Keegan being a potential draft pick next year.

Joe W would help, no question, but I'm wondering how much this allows the Murray twins to step up? They are already talking about Keegan being a potential draft pick next year.
This is gong to fun to see how this team does if Joe doesn’t return. A lot of unknowns can make a season fun in and of itself. Just imagine what if the twins end up being equally gifted. That would be a lot of fun to watch. It’s also going to watch these young guards compete against each other for playing time. JBo will be JBo. I would like to see Fran have JBo just focus on getting open as mainly a shooting guard and let the quickest ball handler develops into a point guard.

Should be fun to watch. I hope I am wrong and that this team excels much better than I expect. Although this past post season didn’t go as we would have liked it sure was fun to have a good team to watch to help the winter go by quicker. Hoping for more of the same, but with surprising results in the NCAA. Law of averages indicates it’s time for the Hawkeyes to surprise. Would love to see it in football and basketball.

I see this guy as a 10 points and 6 rebound sort of guy. I suspect he starts or plays starter minutes. Hard to say for sure, but he has seen enough ball that I suspect he will not be overwhelmed by Big10 competition

I see this guy as a 10 points and 6 rebound sort of guy. I suspect he starts or plays starter minutes. Hard to say for sure, but he has seen enough ball that I suspect he will not be overwhelmed by Big10 competition
He played that MN big guy head to head and pretty much out played him. I'm sure that was part of what had Fran interested in him to begin with. So yeah he won't be over his head or intimidated by the competition. It's hard to guess what his stats will be. I could see him being a big part of the offense or I could see him being one of 5 guys that gets between 8-13 pts a game or so. Could be a lot of parity without a guy like Garza taking such a large chunk of the shots

Who do we think will lead the team in scoring?
Murray? JBo? Rebracca? Those are my 3 main guesses anyway and wouldn't be surprised if any of them did

My money is on Keegan Murray.
Yeah if he can kinda get his fouling under control and stay on the floor more. He seemed to have a little bit of the same issue Glen Worley had. He likes to reach sometimes and play D with his hands. Let's hope he improves on that better then Worley did he always seemed to be in foul trouble.

Yeah if he can kinda get his fouling under control and stay on the floor more. He seemed to have a little bit of the same issue Glen Worley had. He likes to reach sometimes and play D with his hands. Let's hope he improves on that better then Worley did he always seemed to be in foul trouble.
I've always thought I'd rather have a freshman who had to learn to dial back his fouling rather than one who was afraid to foul.

I've always thought I'd rather have a freshman who had to learn to dial back his fouling rather than one who was afraid to foul.
Yeah his shot blocking is amazing and will have no problem with him picking up some fouls going after those. It's some of the reaching and not moving his feet at times on the perimeter that he needs some work on and with more mins he will.

I remember ole Worley and I could be wrong about this but for whatever reason I seem to remember him as a guy who played great his freshman yr but then hardly improved very much from then on. Just had a low ceiling and low basketball IQ out there it seemed like. He had a few moments out there but as a highly recruited kid he didn't exactly tear it up out there

Yeah his shot blocking is amazing and will have no problem with him picking up some fouls going after those. It's some of the reaching and not moving his feet at times on the perimeter that he needs some work on and with more mins he will.

I remember ole Worley and I could be wrong about this but for whatever reason I seem to remember him as a guy who played great his freshman yr but then hardly improved very much from then on. Just had a low ceiling and low basketball IQ out there it seemed like. He had a few moments out there but as a highly recruited kid he didn't exactly tear it up out there
Keegan had the same issue Baer did where his quickness and anticipation helped him make plays that surprised refs so much they blew their whistle. The more times these refs see their blown calls, the more they will give him the benefit of doubt next time. You're right tho, a lot of his fouls were reaches too.

Keegan had the same issue Baer did where his quickness and anticipation helped him make plays that surprised refs so much they blew their whistle. The more times these refs see their blown calls, the more they will give him the benefit of doubt next time. You're right tho, a lot of his fouls were reaches too.
And the other thing is just a matter of WHEN you foul too. You can pickup 3 quick in the 2nd half if you hadn't committed one in the 1st. It's when you commit 2 in the first 10 or 5 mins of the game that limits you. Since Fran is dead set on benching you the rest of the first half in those cases it seems like.

As a freshman he's bound to be picked on and get called for more fouls. As he progresses and wins All B1G honors the refs will probably be more lenient