Well-Traveled Filip Rebraca at Home with Hawkeyes

Keegan only averaged 1.9 fouls a game last year. Not too bad. I guess like someone said, it all depends on when he gets them.

To continue the Worley comparison, Glen averaged 3.6 fouls for his career.

And the other thing is just a matter of WHEN you foul too. You can pickup 3 quick in the 2nd half if you hadn't committed one in the 1st. It's when you commit 2 in the first 10 or 5 mins of the game that limits you. Since Fran is dead set on benching you the rest of the first half in those cases it seems like.
Thank God Lute Olson rarely did that. In our 1980 Final Four season Ronnie Lester and Kenny Arnold routinely played with two fouls in the first half.

As a freshman he's bound to be picked on and get called for more fouls. As he progresses and wins All B1G honors the refs will probably be more lenient
Case in point-Luka Garza. Had he pulled half the stuff as a freshman that he got away with as a senior he wouldn't have made it to halftime.

Even as a sophomore he went through a stretch in mid conference where fouls just seemed to find him. It's a big reason why Ryan Kriener had some big moments that year.

Has the Reb played against B1G competition before and how has he done?

If not then to make conclusions is highly speculative.

It’s ok to be hopeful as that’s the natural tendency of most fan bases.

Now if Joe W returns then that changes things quite a bit. Outside shooting would be good and a guard that can aggressively drive and attack the rim, would free up space for Reb. Without Joe W it’s going to be a long year unless someone else steps up B1G time.
I'm optimistic that Kris Murray and/or Tony Perkins will surprise and step up this year!

Thank God Lute Olson rarely did that. In our 1980 Final Four season Ronnie Lester and Kenny Arnold routinely played with two fouls in the first half.
I'm not a fan of that bench a guy till after halftime no matter what strategy. Every situation is different. Not every player is the same. I think sometimes coaches over emphasis being available at the end of games compared to the middle. You can lose games in the last 3 mins of the first half too. Hell look at what happened to us during Oregon game.

I think it'd be interesting to get a room full of coaches talking about that topic and see the different ways they think about it. I just find it an interesting thing.

I'm not a fan of that bench a guy till after halftime no matter what strategy. Every situation is different. Not every player is the same. I think sometimes coaches over emphasis being available at the end of games compared to the middle. You can lose games in the last 3 mins of the first half too. Hell look at what happened to us during Oregon game.

I think it'd be interesting to get a room full of coaches talking about that topic and see the different ways they think about it. I just find it an interesting thing.
I think the more minutes your best players play, the better odds you have to win. More total minutes played is way more important than having them for the last few. Sitting them in the first half doesn't even guarantee you have them at the end anyway. And it sure doesn't guarantee the outcome of the game will still be in doubt at the end. Not much point in having your best guy for the last 3 minutes if you're down 20.