Well they put up a fight here's my 2 cents

Hawkfnntn

Not knowing what to really expect and just reading what all I had I was pretty much just hoping we didn't get run out of the gym. We gave em all they wanted in the first half. But the first 8 or so mins of the 2nd half Creighton couldn't miss. When a team gets that hot for an extended period of time that's crazy tough to overcome no matter who you are. It wasn't like our O was bad. We didn't hit a bunch of 3s volume wise but had we gone to the line more (Fn refs good God) we coulda made it even tighter at the end. Our D hustled got blocks and steals a couple run outs. Things we really hadn't seen much of in the past so that was fun. That's just a heck of a team they played.

Krikke has an amazing game. He's confident and knows what he's good at. He's not all that fast quick or athletic but he's smart and can shoot 15-18 feet like clockwork.
He's a perfect fit for Frans O.

Sandfort has to not be so stupid to foul a 3 pt shooter in the first half of a game for his 2nd foul. He's gotta keep himself in the game. Iowa needs him on the floor and he's just gotta play smarter then that. That whole thing with him getting hurt and the crowd booing like they did was pretty horse shit. We just gotta keep him healthy and out of early foul trouble. Him and Krikke both.

TP got off to a slow start didn't shoot all that great in the first half but came on late when they needed him. Just too little too late I suppose. They'll lean on him a lot this yr to handle the ball and do more I bet. Our PGs aren't there yet.

Bowen played tough he isn't selfish at all. He recognized Krikke was hot and fed him. He's a guy that can get to the paint and create but he seems to struggle finishing or at least last night he did. Would like to get more O from him to help open things up for others hopefully he will.

Freeman and Dembele looked damn good. That stage on the road wasn't too big for them at all. How they keep improving will be a ton of fun to watch. It'll be tough keeping them off the floor if they keep that up.

PM I was extremely impressed with as well. His game so far this yr is so much more under control. He's not forcing things yet plays aggressive. I was concerned about what he'd bring to the table this yr but he's already answered my questions. He's turned a corner with his game and I think he'll have a huge senior yr.

Harding has a ways to go yet. He's fun he's exciting but I think the stage got to him a little. He plays like he knows he's the little guy out there. It seems like when he could just take a regular jump shot he'll make it more difficult and fade one way or the other on it. He's afraid of getting his shot blocked I suppose but I wish he wouldn't play that way. He's quick enough to get open looks with his handle and I want him to be confident enough to come around a ball screen and if he's open to rise up and shoot it. Feels like he's turning down those opportunities so far. I think he'll get there I'm just nitpicking what little I've seen so far.

Overall nothing to hang their heads about with that game. That Creighton team could be a final 4 team. I look forward to watching this group light up the scoreboard all yr long

This team will not be very good defensively. What I am hoping for is that we get enough TEAM defense to stave off opponents going on big 25-6 type runs. Also, enough TEAM defense to get stops late in close games.

That being said, this will be a fun team to watch and their games will be entertaining.

This team will not be very good defensively. What I am hoping for is that we get enough TEAM defense to stave off opponents going on big 25-6 type runs. Also, enough TEAM defense to get stops late in close games.

That being said, this will be a fun team to watch and their games will be entertaining.
they seemed start the the game pretty good defensively. But hell, Creighton gave up 84 pts. It might just be where college basketball is now being an offensive game. I'll have to look at other games scores. But yes, they can get better on D.

It was a hell of a fast paced game and exciting to watch, though. No shot clock needed last night.

They probably won't be all that good on D but I think they'll be better then they've been in recent yrs. They had a couple breakdowns that make you scratch your head. But they hustled and showed they can contest shots and jump passing lanes. So hope they can build on that. I'm not sure the BIG has many offensive juggernaut teams like Creighton is to worry about.

I worry about our defensive rebounding though. That Creighton team is just versatile with a bunch of guys that can shoot when left open. When they got some 2nd chances that just kills us. Gotta be able to limit those going forward

Of course, it’s early, but I am going to predict our D makes a significant step up. 2 very quick point guards, TP is solid, Pmac is fine, as is older Sandfort. We will see on Krikke (undersized in BT?). Josh Dix = Lockdown. Rebounding? Hmm.

Under 1 minute to play. Down 5. We find Payton open in the corner. Perfect set up. He gets hammered. If he was not fouled, I say the shot had a good chance to go in. Or, if the asshole official had called the foul, Payton has 3 free throws…and, he makes them all and we are down 2. Do not tell me a bad call can’t potentially cost a team a game. Pissed.

Under 1 minute to play. Down 5. We find Payton open in the corner. Perfect set up. He gets hammered. If he was not fouled, I say the shot had a good chance to go in. Or, if the asshole official had called the foul, Payton has 3 free throws…and, he makes them all and we are down 2. Do not tell me a bad call can’t potentially cost a team a game. Pissed.
The dominos of how that game plays out woulda drastically changed had that been called.... Refs stunk most of that game no surprise there.

Anyone else think Peyton might seriously be dead laying on the floor? I don't think I've ever seen a player hit their head on the floor that hard. I can't believe he came back in and would be equally surprised to see him Friday.

Anyone else think Peyton might seriously be dead laying on the floor? I don't think I've ever seen a player hit their head on the floor that hard. I can't believe he came back in and would be equally surprised to see him Friday.
I thought he was unconscious. After his head bounced off the floor and he went to his back, he didn't move at all.

He said he blacked out. Probably not a good idea to admit that after coming back in.
Yeah and even more so Iowa probably shoulda held him out... That was scary. That said he looked ok after he was back in. But head injuries aren't like an ankle either. I hope they kept a close eye on him on the bus ride home.

I am surprised that there isn't a mandatory concussion protocol that they have to follow in situations like this.
I think Fran said he was checked out and cleared to play. Fran also said he (Fran) thought seriously about holding him out.

* Fran level defense……. Nothing new here.

* Game on their home court. Odds are we beat them at home. Not by as much, but a win anyways. I felt the officiating was homering at least in the first half, but that is college basketball.

*The guys played hard and were fun to watch, but they are going to have to win a few big games to get the crowd to come to the games. This isn’t football and that’s not going to work with the basketball fans.

* Fran level defense……. Nothing new here.

* Game on their home court. Odds are we beat them at home. Not by as much, but a win anyways. I felt the officiating was homering at least in the first half, but that is college basketball.

*The guys played hard and were fun to watch, but they are going to have to win a few big games to get the crowd to come to the games. This isn’t football and that’s not going to work with the basketball fans.

Seemed like they were homering the entire game