Well. The Oline isn’t any better

Iowa hasn't had a decent o-line since Chris Doyle was here. Not sure if it is Iowas S&C program or George Barnett. George., get these guys going for krists sake. They haven't done shit in 2-3 years.

Iowa hasn't had a decent o-line since Chris Doyle was here. Not sure if it is Iowas S&C program or George Barnett. George., get these guys going for krists sake. They haven't done shit in 2-3 years.
Iowa looks like they are boot deep in an old style Iowahog lot fending off border collies. That isn't strength.

Missed assignments, even Nebby has a better line. Northwestern's line is head and shoulders better than Iowa's. Iowa isn't what they were and it's pretty clear. This is why Iowa needs to change their offense cause trying to "outmuscle" their opponents isn't happening and hasn't for a while now.

How did the media believe the Online would be better this year. They were bad last year and they basically have the same personnel. Who were bad last year! Except an all American. Even the Iowa pod casts have touted this year's O line as better. Two things can happen to young players. They can get better and take advantage of the experience or they can still suck......

I think the most shocking thing to me was how awful the blocking technique/fundamentals were. I know the OL as a unit hasn’t been great for awhile but man, that was terrible. Even the center/QB exchange seemed to be off

I thought Richman had a good game and looked the part at LT, but the rest of the OL was terrible. This is what has to be fixed. The OL has to get better in a hurry, because we don't have a good QB even if we switch QBs which we probably won't. I have no faith in the Ferentz's to fix the QB spot anyway. I have some faith that they can make some rapid progress on the OL play. If they can't, this could be a long season of 12-9 type games with 20+ punts per.....

Latest posts