Welcome Two New Sponsors: The Pizza Ranch & The Front Row

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I'd like to thank The Pizza Ranch and The Front Row for coming on board with HawkeyeNation.com for the next year as sponsors of the site.

They are two great Iowa businesses and they help me to offset costs associated with providing this site totally free of charge for more than 100,000 Hawkeye fans across the world that have paid us a visit so far.

I know there are a lot of choices and options for people in the line of eating out and where to watch games and kick back and relax, but please keep these companies in mind.

The Pizza Ranch has locations all across the state of Iowa, and they provide a lunch and dinner buffet as well as food you can take home with you. Click here to see their site and locations near you. They even have drive up windows at some locations

The Front Row is a sports bar in Windor Heights, Iowa, just south of 63rd street and on University Avenue. You can't miss the Herky statues out front, and once you step through the front door, you realize that a die-hard Hawkeye fan owns this place; its floor to ceiling Hawkeyes, and you never have to worry about another team's game getting top billing. They also have free breakfast on Sundays plus a renowned bloody mary bar. Here is their website: click here

If you are a business owner or manager and would like your company and or services to be seen by tens of thousands of Iowa Hawkeye fans on a weekly basis, shoot me or Lane Smith an email.

Last edited:
Front Row is awesome. Used to go there when I lived in Des Moines. It was always packed on gamedays and they have great specials.

Front Row is awesome. Used to go there when I lived in Des Moines. It was always packed on gamedays and they have great specials.

It really is a Hawkeye haven. You walk in the door and you might as well just start doing the Hokey Pokey right there. Wall to wall and everything on the wall Hawkeye.

My family and I love the Pizza Ranch. We go to the one in Dubuque regularly now that it has reopened. Never been to The Front Row, but looks like a place I should try next time I'm in Des Moines.

The Front Row is a great place to watch the Hawkeyes! All Iowa fans inside! Love that place! It's basically a Clone free zone!

The Front Row is a great place to watch the Hawkeyes! All Iowa fans inside! Love that place! It's basically a Clone free zone!

I don't even know if there are any Cyclone bars in Des Moines. Johnny's downtown maybe? I know the Hawks have at least three - besides the Front Row, we have the Longest Yard, and Giff Wagners.

I don't even know if there are any Cyclone bars in Des Moines. Johnny's downtown maybe? I know the Hawks have at least three - besides the Front Row, we have the Longest Yard, and Giff Wagners.

I love Johnny's. I wouldn't consider it a Cyclone bar but I just discovered it recently if that's the case I now hate it !!!

My buddy and i usually grab Pizza Ranch when i am back for Hawkeye games. Love the stuff!

I am for sure going to have to check out Front Row the next time i swinf through DSM. Sounds awesome!

The Pizza Ranch buffet and their chicken are awesome, and I agree that every Hawk fan must watch at least 1 Iowa football game at the Front Row before they die.

Johnny's downtown is one of the game watch bars for the Cyclones. The game watch bar used to officially be Trophy's Bar and Grill at Plaza Lanes but I think it split off. It's too bad because it's a nice place and one of the main girl bartenders is a big Hawk fan and she usually gets stuck working during clone games. She always makes it a point to wear Hawk gear while she is working.

As for The Front Row, I'm glad they came aboard! It's my official game watch bar when I am not actually going to the game. It actually kind of sucks because I am going to both the Arizona and Northwestern games this year so I am only going to be able to enjoy the atmosphere at Front Row for the Michigan, Indiana, and Minnesota games. I really love Front Row. The drinks on game day are priced well and the place is packed. If you go there a lot you get to see a lot of the regulars on gameday. I also love the fact they serve free food during halftime. Early in the year they usually grill burgers and hot dogs and bring in huge containers of potato salad and such. As it gets colder they put the grill away and cater in. A lot of times they bring is pulled pork and such. I think if it gets really cold out they just order in a ton of pizzas. For 11:00 kick offs they also have an omelet bar. I'm also a big fan of their bloody mary bar. I think it's like $3.00 for the glass of vodka and then they have every mix imaginable sitting out plus all the mixers (tabasco, franks, pickles, olives, etc etc). The place is decked front to back with nothing but Hawk stuff. It's a total dive that only a Hawk fan would appreciate! Word to the wise, if you want a seat get there at two hours early. The booths in the house have there own small flat screens. If it's decent weather it's also cool to sit out on the patio however as it gets colder the outside patio is used for overflow for the inside. I remember watching the MSU game there last year. The place went apeshit after the McNutt catch. People were crying and hugging each other. It was unreal. Seriously, if you love the Hawks and live in the DM area, get there at least once!

Last edited:
Pizza Ranch lunch buffet = amazing.

I don't get there as much as I used to, but I think I will soon. We used to hit the lunch buffet for lunch about once a week. Without fail, I ate myself stupid.

For the price, their pizza's pretty decent, but their dessert pizza is the best I've ever had. Well worth the price of admission on its own!

Was at PR just a week or so ago. When came in a little late, so some of the pickings were slim. SO the waitress asked what kind of pizza we would like them to make and they cranked it out and brought a few pieces to our table.

I love places that give great service.

can't go wrong with the ranch. good to hear they're supporting the team. they definitely rock at customer service.

Dude...you don't need to convince me to hit the Pizza Ranch.

Cactus Bread must be laced with heroin because that stuff is addictive.

Latest posts