Wegher's Fumble

TecmoSuperHawk

Ok, I'm checking out MSU message boards and a bunch of their fans are ticked that they didn't review Wegher's fumble. If they watched what happened afterwards, they would see Wegher recovered his own fumble and even handed the ref the ball, yet many MSU fans are convinced they recovered the ball.

Many also thought the mugging DJK took setting up the 1st and goal was a BS call and they are very upset about the helmet to helmet hit.

I can understand their frustration after losing a tough game, but all three of those calls were correct. I guess if you want to believe something bad enough you convince yourself it's true even though the evidence is right there.

Ok, I'm checking out MSU message boards and a bunch of their fans are ticked that they didn't review Wegher's fumble. If they watched what happened afterwards, they would see Wegher recovered his own fumble and even handed the ref the ball, yet many MSU fans are convinced they recovered the ball.

The announcers kept saying they were reviewing it...no, actually MSU called timeout. We recovered the damn ball!!

All of those calls will be used as proof that we are not a very good team, just lucky and the refs are in our back pocket. Blah, Blah, Blah.....

that phantom holding call on Bulaga that backed us up in the red zone hurt us. Not to mention the SEVERAL no calls ( holding ) in the first half that the ref's missed when Iowa was on defense. of course it doesn't matter now we win!

Most of them don't seem to realize that the hit on Sandeman wasn't flagged for leading with the helmet. They threw it for a hit above the shoulders, and if they think it wasn't above the shoulders they are nuts.

Can the refs even review a fumble where the running back was marked down on the field? I know that this used to be a non-reviewable play, but maybe that's been changed.

Many also thought the mugging DJK took setting up the 1st and goal was a BS call and they are very upset about the helmet to helmet hit.

I can understand their frustration after losing a tough game, but all three of those calls were correct. I guess if you want to believe something bad enough you convince yourself it's true even though the evidence is right there.

That's life through rose colored glasses...PSU fans STILL think last year's PI call on their safety was BS...let them have their moment to vent I guess...everyone sucks on sour grapes now and then.

that phantom holding call on Bulaga that backed us up in the red zone hurt us. Not to mention the SEVERAL no calls ( holding ) in the first half that the ref's missed when Iowa was on defense. of course it doesn't matter now we win!

Even in the second half on that goal line stand Iowa had Mike Daniels on one of the plays beat his man off the ball and the MSU guy was hugging him from the back, and it was blatantly obvious.

Can the refs even review a fumble where the running back was marked down on the field? I know that this used to be a non-reviewable play, but maybe that's been changed.

I thought you couldn't, but in the ISU game today Nebraska's running back was called down by contact. ISU's guy clearly recovered the ball in the end zone, and after the review they ruled it a fumble and a touchback since ISU clearly recovered it. So, apparently it can be challenged now?

MSU fans can keep complaining about the fumble which is funny. BW handed the ball to the sideline official while on the ground.

Actually we should be the fans complaining because Binns, Ballard and Clayborn were held all night long. Guess what I don't recall one holding call on MSU tonight. Iowa had 2....

Even in the second half on that goal line stand Iowa had Mike Daniels on one of the plays beat his man off the ball and the MSU guy was hugging him from the back, and it was blatantly obvious.

It's a good thing we got the stop on those plays...I saw that and came unglued! I wondered how something so blatant could be missed by 7 pairs of eyes...

The Def holding call on the pick was a blatant mugging. There is no questioning that call..none what so ever. Same for the BW fumble as Wegher recovered it.

The above the shoulders hit, was technicly a good and correct call but i can see how MSU fans could complain about that as simular hits are regularly let go. If I was an MSu fan i would probably complain about that one.

Our offsides earlier in the game, when Clayborn leveled the guy in front of him early, was clearly a false start. Guess what we overcame the bad call and stopped him.

I don't remember when or who it was that got interfered but I remembered the coaches on the sideline were really upset over it.

And besides, those calls weren't even that bad. The fumble, maybe, but that would be a BS overturn. Once the play is blown dead then not all players are going for the ball. There is no way to have known who would have recovered it had the play not been blown dead. And besides, we recovered it anyways.

According to the official stats that Jon posted a link to, Wegher was not charged with a fumble at all so he must have been ruled down. Every play is automatically reviewed in the booth so they didn't have evidence to over turn that call. I am sure MSU called Time out to allow the booth time to review it. I did not see who picked up the ball though.

Latest posts