Wegher update on Miller & Deace?

travismullen

I heard Jon Miller going through the morning show's talking points and he mentioned an update on Wegher, but I did not hear them get around to talking about this. Did I miss it, or is there no update?

My guess is what we've already read/heard--i.e., that he is not back in practice--is all we WILL hear until it becomes "official".

Sorry, but if a suspended Hampton and dinged up Robinson isn't enough to bring him back, then either he has fallen on the depth chart, or he sees writing on a wall of same.

That is just my guess, and given what has transpired thus far ("publicly"), I don't (personally) think he will be back.

If you read one of TOSs, it has gotten comical, i.e., to the point where it's the staff's fault.

I thought on whatever radio show KF was on Friday night that he said BW came back to practice on Friday but his heart wasn't in it, meaning he tried it but wanted to take some more time to sort things out.

I thought on whatever radio show KF was on Friday night that he said BW came back to practice on Friday but his heart wasn't in it, meaning he tried it but wanted to take some more time to sort things out.

Just about everyone is pretty sure he was talking about the start of camp. He also said in that interview that he'd talked to BW a couple times since he "then". If he'd come back to practice for a couple days, KF would have talked with him a couple times in just like a day or two.

Didn't hear the show but I'm guessing if there was anything new Jon would have had it -- and will -- on the front page pronto.

Dochterman said that Wegher is in class today...could be a positive sign,but no answers outta the football complex.

Or why doesn't someone just ask him to give us some answers about if he is coming back, or not? I understand that he is going through tough times. But he is kind of turning this thing into a Farve deal with his silence and the press is helping. You don't have to pry into his personal life, but you have all rights to inquire about his football life. For instance, is the state of Iowa still paying for his education?

Or why doesn't someone just ask him to give us some answers about if he is coming back, or not? I understand that he is going through tough times. But he is kind of turning this thing into a Farve deal with his silence and the press is helping. You don't have to pry into his personal life, but you have all rights to inquire about his football life. For instance, is the state of Iowa still paying for his education?

Athletic scholarships are paid for by the athletic department so no, the State of Iowa is not paying for his education. And quite frankly no, you do not have the "right" to ask him anything at all.

At this point I think everyone should be looking forward. I like Wegher a lot and think he has tons of potential, but we will be okay at running back just not as deep. If he plans on staying on the team he should red shirt. A lot of kids have personal problems, but they are out practicing anyways. I would have a hard time trusting a guy with the ball at crunch time who's heart or head might not be in the game.

I believe the whole University only receives 9% of their entire budget from the state anyway.

No, Hawk fans such as yourself are turning this into a Favre deal..Were loaded at RB. We'll be fine without him. Hes a 19 year old kid for christ sake. We all need to just let it go. If he's back, hes back. If not, that sucks. The team is moving forward without him, and so should we.

No you do not have the right to ask him, but you do have the right to inquire about his scholarship status with the AD. but that really is about it. If you take the time to do that, if and when you got a reply it would simply state that BW is enrolled in school.

If that doesn't satisfy you, you can then ask the school president. If sally replies, she will probably inform you that he is enrolled in school.

From there you can request and audit of the Iowa AD from the board of trusties.

To save you all that hassle, FB scholarships are given out at the discretion of KF. We have no right at all to inquire directly to BW about why he may be in school and not on the field. It is private life.

To save you all that hassle, FB scholarships are given out at the discretion of KF. We have no right at all to inquire directly to BW about why he may be in school and not on the field. It is private life.

You are correct. We, the fans, have know right....but..... all the walk on football players that are out there bustin their butt for the team do. I know if I was out there workin my ax off in practice and havin to pay my own way and see someone who is getting everything payed for and not at practice when he is very capable of being there, that would certainly chap my keister.

Quite frankly I'm not concerned if Wegher returns or not this year, and I don't think anyone else should be. I'm hoping this is just "restless message board banter" or whatever you wanna call it: Posters simply not having enough to talk about, so they're just grasping at something, like the Wegher thing. I don't think Wegher's status on the team will mean a 3 game swing. And I'm hoping nobody else thinks that.

The bottom line, we've got two proven running backs right now. Last year we had nobody and we faired pretty well.

You are correct. We, the fans, have know right....but..... all the walk on football players that are out there bustin their butt for the team do. I know if I was out there workin my ax off in practice and havin to pay my own way and see someone who is getting everything payed for and not at practice when he is very capable of being there, that would certainly chap my keister.

I guess this is my take on the situation: I figure it's got to be a pretty serious "personal issue" for Ferentz to let him go and leave an open invitation for him to return. If he were skipping out of camp without good reason, I'm not so sure that Ferentz makes that offer, simply because of the precedent. And if it's serious enough for KF to let him take his time and come back if/when he's ready, that's enough for me to give him a pass. I'm sure the players understand that as well.

Latest posts