Wegher to walk on at Nebby?

My money is on the Jackrabbits or the Coyotes for a variety of reasons. I wish him the best in moving forward wherever he lands......same holds true for my thoughts on Hampton.

Not too threatened by it, he was out all of this year, and has to sit next year, thats two years of no contact and I doubt he has time to work out everyday and keep in tip top shape a with fairly newborn child and academics and he will more than likely need a job. I loved watching Wegher and wished he could have figured it out(See Jerimiah Hunter, he has twin daughters) and been able to play and I wish him the best of luck with his life but if he dons a Husker jersey he is dead to me.

I heard some fellas at the Jamba Juice in Evanston talking about some guy getting a full ride academic scholarship to Northwestern. I assume they were talking about Mr. Wegher, but I don't know for sure, so I will assume they were until I hear otherwise. Do the stipulations in the release prevent Mr. Wegher from receiving an academic scholarship? How sick would NU be with Wegher and Persa in the backfield?

Now that's funny...someone in Evanston actually talking about college football. Heck, they didn't even do that at the game!

Now that's funny...someone in Evanston actually talking about college football. Heck, they didn't even do that at the game!

Yep, too busy chanting "Go to a real school" [clap, clap, clapclapclap] "Go to a real school" [clap, clap, clapclapclap]

When I look at people like Hunter, and then Wegher, and the difference in their backgrounds it makes me want to vomit. One has never been told no, the other tightened the chin straps and is working his a$$ off to provide for his family. Kind of a sad state that is being seen all over the country these day for spoiled kids that are raised with too much $$$. The kid had the world in front of him..... college students and athletes have kids and make it through all of the time. Whatever, it does no good, I'm stepping down from the soap box.
Good luck to Brandon, and I hope you can turn things around.

Do you really think he will someday carry the ball against Iowa? I'd say it is still a looooong shot.

I would agree with this. It's no disrespect to Wegher or his ability. I am well aware of what he did as a Hawkeye, in the Big 10, as a true freshman, but that plays into why I don't see him being a major contributor elsewhere, unless he goes down in level of competition. I think a lot of people are over looking the staff's ability to develop players at an accelerated rate, and how to make nearly any piece of the puzzle work when there just aren't many other options (Brownlee is a great example of that). I just don't know that his talent or ability to produce is going to receive the nurturing he had at Iowa, anywhere else in the country. Iowa's got a great history of making GREAT players out of guys that likely would have been average, at other positions, in other programs.

I would agree with this. It's no disrespect to Wegher or his ability. I am well aware of what he did as a Hawkeye, in the Big 10, as a true freshman, but that plays into why I don't see him being a major contributor elsewhere, unless he goes down in level of competition. I think a lot of people are over looking the staff's ability to develop players at an accelerated rate, and how to make nearly any piece of the puzzle work when there just aren't many other options (Brownlee is a great example of that). I just don't know that his talent or ability to produce is going to receive the nurturing he had at Iowa, anywhere else in the country. Iowa's got a great history of making GREAT players out of guys that likely would have been average, at other positions, in other programs.

C'mon man stop kissing the kings feet. Wegher has great talent and maybe our coaching staff actually was holding him back and we only got the tip of the iceberg? What I think this staff actually does a lot of times is stifle talent by putting them in situations that they know might produce some good results if done perfectly but that they also know will not cause anything negative to happen.

C'mon man stop kissing the kings feet. Wegher has great talent and maybe our coaching staff actually was holding him back and we only got the tip of the iceberg? What I think this staff actually does a lot of times is stifle talent by putting them in situations that they know might produce some good results if done perfectly but that they also know will not cause anything negative to happen.

As positive as the post was that you were responding to this is equally negative

Wegher wont be going to Nebraska...everyone relax. In situations like this players usually tansfer down a level. I would bet Wegher ends up at UNI or in South Dakota

Umm, you do realize he carried the ball for us as a true freshman, no? Why is it a "loooooong shot"? The kid has talent and plenty of speed. There's no denying that.

Edit: So after reading it again, you're probably referring to just the whole process going through successfully. I took it as you questioning his ability like so many people have done in the past.

Correct. I wish him the best, but I really don't think where he ends up matters to the Hawkeyes (collectively). The process of getting back to the field in a BCS program is a long shot. Not impossible, but I just don't think it will effect Iowa in any meaningful way.

I do wish we could have seen 'what might have been'. I am of the opinion that we saw the tip of the iceberg. Too bad.

I guess I'm not worried about him. I think the long shot is that he ever finishes school. If he walks on at Nebraska good for him. I bet he never makes it past another season. We're probably better off not having him here. I'd rather move on.

I can think of about 4 games where Iowa could have used him this year.

Latest posts