Wegher gone - released from scholarship

So next season our RB crew may consist of A-Rob and Coker as the only ones with game experience. WONDERFUL! Next season should be interesting.

Man, this really hits me hard. He was that difference maker, that playmaker that every team needs, and the great teams have.

His speed and versatility were what helped us a lot last year. We had NOTHING like that this year.

Iowa just keeps getting worse, and worse news ( all though this wasn't really SURPRISING ).

Ugh.

So next season our RB crew may consist of A-Rob and Coker as the only ones with game experience. WONDERFUL! Next season should be interesting.

And Jewel Hampton, but what is the big deal, these 2 went most of the year this year and the running game was just fine.

What about last year (09) when it consisted of nobody with game experience? I seem to think the running game was just fine.

And Jewel Hampton, but what is the big deal, these 2 went most of the year this year and the running game was just fine.

What about last year (09) when it consisted of nobody with game experience? I seem to think the running game was just fine.

I think that the biggest thing that we missed from Wegher (besides his speed) was his versatility. He was a very good receiver out of the backfield. A-Rob is too, but Wegher could make bigger plays. His one-hander against ISU was a catch that I'm not sure Adam could make. And getting Wegher in space like that would have been a very useful weapon this year. Hampton could maybe bring that, but we're at the point now where it's not smart to count on his knees holding up. Coker wasn't in on many pass plays (because of his blocking), so we'll have to wait and see there.

But yes, the running game was fine without him. He just added another dimension to what we could do with our RB's, namely in the passing game.

KF had to release him to make room for the last second massive haul of Blue Chip recruits that have decided to join the Hawks in the last month - particularly in the last couple of days.

With Nebraska entering the Big Ten does he have the ability to go on scholarship? A year from now the answer would obviously be no but what about now?

Latest posts