Week Three

vegashawki

Apparently Petras is still listed as the starter… wtf. I love the Hawks but can’t watch/waste another Saturday watching this shit show. I don’t care if we lose but for shit sake at least give another QB a shot. I have been a Hawk fan for over 40 years so don’t gimme the “good don’t need you as a fair weather fan bs.” I haven’t seen an offense this bad for a long time. Shit even when we were down to Brownlee the last RB on the roster we produced more of an offense with our average WR’s.

I can't remember when an offense felt this anemic. I listened to Iowa games during the big drought between Evy and Fry, and a lot of teams had fight in them. They could keep up for 2 or 3 quarters and then would fade as the game wore on. With Brian's offense it seems that they simply cannot and will not control the momentum of the game. It's all on the defense and special teams to squeak one out. You cannot tell me there isn't a level of resentment building in the locker-room.

brick-wall-going-crazy.gif

1663036798989.png

I can't remember when an offense felt this anemic. I listened to Iowa games during the big drought between Evy and Fry, and a lot of teams had fight in them. They could keep up for 2 or 3 quarters and then would fade as the game wore on. With Brian's offense it seems that they simply cannot and will not control the momentum of the game. It's all on the defense and special teams to squeak one out. You cannot tell me there isn't a level of resentment building in the locker-room.
Do you think the program is going to sink eventually this season?

Do you think the program is going to sink eventually this season?
Unless there's some kind of turnaround with key players coming back and putting the best offensive playmakers on the field I could see a nose dive as in Hayden's last days.

OK, so start Petras. Whatever. At the very least rotate every series or 2 and play the one with the hot hand. If Padilla sucks, at least we gave it a shot.

Apparently Petras is still listed as the starter… wtf. I love the Hawks but can’t watch/waste another Saturday watching this shit show. I don’t care if we lose but for shit sake at least give another QB a shot. I have been a Hawk fan for over 40 years so don’t gimme the “good don’t need you as a fair weather fan bs.” I haven’t seen an offense this bad for a long time. Shit even when we were down to Brownlee the last RB on the roster we produced more of an offense with our average WR’s.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out, bud.

When Sam Brownlee was the starter we had O'Keefe calling the plays. He's gone, he ain't coming back. He has forgotten more about running an offense than Brian will ever know.

OK, so start Petras. Whatever. At the very least rotate every series or 2 and play the one with the hot hand. If Padilla sucks, at least we gave it a shot.

I've seen enough of Padilla to know he ain't the answer. If Petras is looking over his shoulder constantly he is going to choke even harder.

The conference season is 11 days away. They need to swing for the fence and see if they have a gamer in Labas. I think this is a 2-7 team in conference as currently comprised. Maybe 3-6 if they get some bounces.

Definitely not going there with you. I completely understand.

The conference season is 11 days away. They need to swing for the fence and see if they have a gamer in Labas. I think this is a 2-7 team in conference as currently comprised. Maybe 3-6 if they get some bounces.

On one hand, I totally agree. Experiment. See what ya got. Do an in season rebuild.

On the other hand, there's a transfer portal that's wide open at the end of the season and that could be a disaster of a decision that could result in just continued fallout for years to come.

Latest posts