Web blowing up

BigD

Been on vacation this week and so I have been out on web reading on different sites to see how the fans are all feeling. Pretty much what we are reading here on Hawkeye nation. I looked at a few you tube podcast also. One is Hawkeye fans located in Nebraska. I am going to leave that link for anyone interested in listening in. There are three guys in the video. They make some excellent points.

They talk briefly at one point about how Rutgers just fired their Offensive Coordinator after their loss on Saturday. Ironically Rutgers offensive stats are an improvement over ours. I think they said we average like 70 yards of rushing a game while Rutgers average 160. That was just one of the stats they talked about.

Man, the comments made at the 7 minute mark about the players parents questioning why changes are not being made is alarming. Current players PARENTS!

This tells me it's an issue within the walls of Fort Kinnick. I'm pretty sure the parents are getting that from some of the players frustration in the program.

A W in the horseshoe and we back on track boys.....

Would love to hear Kirk's press time interview after that

The old (apparently it's been around for a few years) Fire Brian Ferentz petition at Change.org has amassed 900 new signatures since I looked yesterday.
Yes, it's completely useless.
So is snorting cocaine.
But sometimes people do meaningless things that make them feel better.
Truer words have never been spoken

This tells me it's an issue within the walls of Fort Kinnick. I'm pretty sure the parents are getting that from some of the players frustration in the program.
I would also wager that amongst the other coaches that they have different takes on the decisions KF & BF have been making too... Nobody is going to talk me into that there's a consensus amongst them all on how they are good with everything... No way no how. They are human and have coaching careers of their own that are being affected by it.

Granted they all can't go saying anything. They can't even really leak how they feel. Or then they'd just be torpedoing their own careers. Never the less I'd be curious to know the straw poll on how they all feel about BF and the what's going on.

Kirk is being unusually stubborn even by Kirk Ferentz standards. This suggests to me this may be Kirk's last rodeo. He is going to go out doing it his way. Screw the portal. Screw NIL. Screw the diversity panel. Screw all of it. He is going out doing it his way.

Kirk is being unusually stubborn even by Kirk Ferentz standards. This suggests to me this may be Kirk's last rodeo. He is going to go out doing it his way. Screw the portal. Screw NIL. Screw the diversity panel. Screw all of it. He is going out doing it his way.
Kinda feels that way...

I know and it's sad because he's ruining his legacy.

It's kind of heartbreaking. I'm still hoping Kirk can walk this nexus of tightropes he's looking at in the next 12 months. I'm starting to doubt I'll carry around a picture of him in my wallet like I do Hayden. (Doesn't everyone carry around a picture of Hayden?) Just kidding about the picture thing.
Maybe.

There's really nothing I'd love more than to say I'm an alum and fan of that college who had two consecutive 20+ year coaches who left on their own terms and are both still appreciated by (most) fans. I'm a believer in the consistency. And if you look at my other post on the Slate article, I'd argue that we've done more with less than all but a handful of other teams. I can't find any other power 5 school that has a lower population to power 5 roster spots except like KS and Utah. Granted, I didn't look at all the SEC teams. When large portions of the team are made up by in state players (over 50%, most likely, and some as high as 70/80/90%, I contend that matters.

K-State would have more success if KU didn't exist. Or the other way 'round.
Also, think about how great things would be without Iowa State? I mean, not just in football. The only thing I'd worry about is that Great Plains Sauce and Dough might not exist.

Latest posts