Weather for Saturday

SixAMtailgate

High 102°
Low 73°
0% percip

Based on the hour-by-hour for other days in Tucson this week, the game time temp will be about 95 degrees.

Ouch....

The ability of our D to rotate personnel into our front 7 is going to be key.

Lets just do what we did against ISU and we won't have to worry about our defense ever being on the field! But seriously it is huge that Iowa has guys that can replace the starters and not have much if any of a drop off.

Depth will be the key, and I think Iowa has good depth at most positions. It is really nice that so many guys were able to get reps the last two weeks too, that was not the case last year obviously.

I realize that Arizona players are used to this...but no matter how good of shape you are in...playing in that type of heat will wear you down. With all the said depth on Iowa's defense that could play a huge factor if it is a close game.

I have lived in AZ for 6 yrs. Having grown up and lived in Iowa for 28 yrs I would take 95 in AZ over 85 in Iowa anytime. 95 in AZ is probably the equivalent of 80 in the midwest. The lack of humidity will play more of a factor than the temp.

I have lived in AZ for 6 yrs. Having grown up and lived in Iowa for 28 yrs I would take 95 in AZ over 85 in Iowa anytime. 95 in AZ is probably the equivalent of 80 in the midwest. The lack of humidity will play more of a factor than the temp.

This, the lack of humidity will make it seem cooler than it really is and like others have said, with Iowa rotating 6 guys on the DL I don't think it will be a huge problem unless Arizona controls the ball for 35+ minutes.

This, the lack of humidity will make it seem cooler than it really is and like others have said, with Iowa rotating 6 guys on the DL I don't think it will be a huge problem unless Arizona controls the ball for 35+ minutes.

Not to mention there will be no sun beating down on them either.

The lack of humidity WILL make it feel cooler. However, it will also mean players sweat dries very fast and their loss of body fluids can happen very quickly. The trainers are going to be important in this game, and the coaches....the team is going to have to take great care to properly hydrate. I'm not worried about fatigue or heat exhaustion so much...but leg cramps can definitely take guys out of the game. That said, this staff has been here before and knows what to do...so not too worried. And depth helps tremendously.

The lack of humidity WILL make it feel cooler. However, it will also mean players sweat dries very fast and their loss of body fluids can happen very quickly. The trainers are going to be important in this game, and the coaches....the team is going to have to take great care to properly hydrate. I'm not worried about fatigue or heat exhaustion so much...but leg cramps can definitely take guys out of the game. That said, this staff has been here before and knows what to do...so not too worried. And depth helps tremendously.

I agree with you, I'm more worried about the cramps then I am fatigue.

Latest posts