"We would have won it all if Niang didn't get hurt."

You're comparing Niang to Ronnie Lester? LOL

Best post of the thread. Niang will be playing in Bolivia at some point. Ronnie Lester was an all-American. He would have had a great NBA career if the knee issue would have been taken care of with today's surgical capabilities. By the way, against Louisville in the 12 minutes, he was 4-4 from the field and 2-2 from the line with a few assists. I'm not saying we would have beaten Louisville as they had a great team, but it wasn't inconceivable either.

With him I thought they were going to the Elite 8 and possibly to the Final 4. The guy can flat out score from all over the court and few teams have the offensive capability of ISU at full strength. I was looking forward to their potential matchup with MSU for the Final 4. Hopefully they still get a shot at them.

I knew Ronnie Lester and, Georges, you're no Ronnie Lester!

Agreed, he was no Ronnie Lester, but when you subtract him from that somewhat thin team it goes from being a team with a decent shot at elite 8 or Final 4 (and possible title team with hot shooting and some luck) to a very pedestrian ball club. It's a big loss for them.

I think if theh make the elite 8 somehow without him than they might be able to say that. But they may not get past north Carolina

I'd love to see them beat North Carolina but I have my doubts about that happening. Not rooting for ISU, just rooting against N.C.

The loss of a major player hurts any team. They have guys who will fill in, but will have to wait and see if that's going to be enough to do the trick. I kind of have my doubts...

I think if theh make the elite 8 somehow without him than they might be able to say that. But they may not get past north Carolina

I only saw ISU a handful of times, but at full strength they struck me as a borderline top 10 team, while UNC is more like a borderline top 25 team. I think a healthy ISU beats UNC 8 out of 10 games (of course, if UNC had a guy shoot 9-11 from three point land or something ISU would get pantsed).

No, actually I haven't seen any of that from the Clowns.

I do have to admit, though, that I've seen a lot of that sort of thing from some of the Hawk fans right here. If we hadn't of lost to Tennessee, we'd have gone on to at least the Elite Eight easily and probably the Final Four.

No, I actually see that more from us then from them. Sorry.

OK troll.

Even with a healthy Niang I see Florida, Louisville, MSU, Arizona, Syracuse, and Wichita State as better teams. Kansas too with a healthy Embiid.

It sucks we lost Niang but injuries happen. Will it hurt our chances of making a deep run, probably. We will never know how this team could have finished at full strength but it is what it is. I think we can still beat the tar holes but it probably ends there.

Agreed, I think they can beat UNC without Naing. Of course the margin for error is much smaller, but UNC isn't some powerhouse this year.

Tired of Iowa fans obsessing over the Clones. Total 'little bro' syndrome rearing it's ugly head yet again.

Agreed, I think they can beat UNC without Naing. Of course the margin for error is much smaller, but UNC isn't some powerhouse this year.

I had NC winning this game before Niang got hurt. Anything can happen but NC did not play very well in their 1st game and escaped. They will give a better effort tomorrow. Iowa State will have to be really hot from three to have any kind of a chance IMO...with or without Niang.

It sucks we lost Niang but injuries happen. Will it hurt our chances of making a deep run, probably. We will never know how this team could have finished at full strength but it is what it is. I think we can still beat the tar holes but it probably ends there.

I'd still take them to beat UNC, but I can't see them beating MSU without Niang (I think MSU would have won that game, anyway).

Seems like we are the ones obsessed with the Clones reactions...it's almost like we have become the little brother we accuse them of being. Hopefully, we can grow up and be real fans.

I still needed to see ISU win a grind-it-out, defensive, half-court game they showed flashes against Baylor in the conference tourney, but I needed to see more. With a healthy Niang I do believe they would have beat Carolina.

Seems like we are the ones obsessed with the Clones reactions...it's almost like we have become the little brother we accuse them of being. Hopefully, we can grow up and be real fans.

Once again the trolls come out of the woodwork. Get a load of this guys recent posts with his love for Hoiburg and his vast knowledge of the big 12. These guys are so easy to spot.

Once again the trolls come out of the woodwork. Get a load of this guys recent posts with his love for Hoiburg and his vast knowledge of the big 12. These guys are so easy to spot.
Some Iowans have actually moved out of the state (some even to big 12 country) Hoiberg has always seemed like a good rep for his school and the state in general so just get over it already or start an anti isu thread if you must.

Latest posts