We won't avg 63,000 fans next year...

And as many other people have pointed out, Davis is not the problem. It goes higher up the foodchain.

I disagree with that notion.

Kirk has his faults but we won more games with KOK and Norm.

There have been so many games during the Davis tenure that I thought the D did it's part but the offense didn't hold up their end.

There have been so many games during the Davis tenure that I thought the D did it's part but the offense didn't hold up their end.
Yeah, nobody ever made that comment during the KOK era. Seriously, you've only been an Iowa fan for like 3 years, right?

Well then it's a good thing that he doesn't make anywhere near that much money now.

See that's what wrong around here, people don't use their brains to think. Think about what Iowa will have to pay Ferentz each year (75% $2.75m). Think about Stoops current salary $5.15 and the bump Iowa will have to give.

See that's what wrong around here, people don't use their brains to think. Think about what Iowa will have to pay Ferentz each year (75% $2.75m). Think about Stoops current salary $5.15 and the bump Iowa will have to give.
Talk about not using your brain (assuming you have one). The only way Stoops comes here is if he's tired of Oklahoma. It would not be a money issue, thus we would not need to outspend them.

Talk about not using your brain (assuming you have one). The only way Stoops comes here is if he's tired of Oklahoma. It would not be a money issue, thus we would not need to outspend them.

LOL Stoops takes a cut in pay? You are mental. It's $7.9M to pay both if Stoops does not take a pay raise. Plus year cost of living raises. Jesus I'm tire of spoon feeding you.

LOL Stoops takes a cut in pay? You are mental. It's $7.9M to pay both if Stoops does not take a pay raise. Plus year cost of living raises. Jesus I'm tire of spoon feeding you.
We would not get into a bidding war with them, moron. We wouldn't have to. He either wants to come back home, or he doesn't. Money would have absolutely no role in the equation. And do you have any idea what the annual revenue for the athletic department is? The money you are talking about is a drop in the bucket. There are homeless people on the Ped Mall with a deeper grasp of UI athletic department finances than you have.

Next year is going to be ugly.... On MANY fronts.

Nah, I gotta do a full analysis, but I have a gut feeling we are due for one of those "every bounce goes our way" years and Ferentz will wind up 10-2 given the awful schedule (again, but I suspect we may get trucked by Pitt and then nearly win out) and then everyone forgets how much they hate Kurt and he gets extended through '23 or '24. Oh, now I see your point about how it could be ugly.

We would not get into a bidding war with them, moron. We wouldn't have to. He either wants to come back home, or he doesn't. Money would have absolutely no role in the equation. And do you have any idea what the annual revenue for the athletic department is? The money you are talking about is a drop in the bucket. There are homeless people on the Ped Mall with a deeper grasp of UI athletic department finances than you have.

Well you certainly showed you have no clue about Iowa's athletic department finances. Iowa's profits were $30M last year. Stoops current salary at OU would cut 17% off of the profits. NOT a drop in the bucket, besides having to pay KF salary for the next six year. You actualy think Stoops is coming to Iowa for a cut in pay? Sorry you have to sleep at the Ped Mall.

I think Chicago has gone from having about 8-10 Hawk bars to 2 that I can think of off the top of my head (Theory and Merkles - both of which have Hawk alum owners). Many of the bars with no ties and just trolling for drunks to come in on Saturday have all flipped to Wisconsin or MSU bars, and I think one flipped to Illinois after a change in ownership (Illini grad bought it, IIRC).

You got enuff game left Pal to work some azz at said Chicago Hawk bars?

No **** Sherlock.... The point was they now are about ready to try a 3rd coach after firing Carr.

Point being.... Hiring a new coach doesn't guarantee success.

Carr's meddling/sabotaging probably caused RichRod's downfall at Michigan. Especially considering his continued success at every stop except UM.

Latest posts