We need to hire a nationally recognized D-coordinator

smoot27

Someone like Tom Bradley. This program just seems to be in a very stale state. The last couple years, we've had more bad news than good from the rhabdomyolysis situtation that made the front of ESPN, to DJK's drughouse, to the fast departure of all our runningbacks, to Norm Parker's retirement and finally a couple seasons in a row where we failed to meet expectations. I don't think KF is directly responsible for all of these happenings; I just feel that if we hire someone like Phil Parker or another coach internally, we aren't going to have much positive momentum heading into next season. This team is leaving us longing for more good news.

And blitzing, lots of blitzing...

A little more blitzing would be good. The main problem I had with Norm's defense was that he played the cover-2 soft zone 90% of the time. I'd like to see some plays where we mix up our schemes and blitz corners and safeties and play a little man bump & run coverage.

Iowa has landed more 4* recruits in the last 3 years, including this year, than any 3-year stretch in Kirk's tenure. Doesn't sound like the kids think it is stale, more like the 40 year old Al Bundys of the fanbase or the yellow journalists think things are stale.

Phil Parker has been the position coach who has turned the most underrated recruits into NFLers than anyone on the staff.

I've been developing two defenses that I run on NCAA 2012. I didn't want to spill the beans on these as I used them as the basis of my cover letter I submitted with my resume for the DC opening, so hopefully no one from the AD reads this board. But they are a 7-2-2 that I run on rushing downs and a 2-1-8 that I run on passing downs. My defense is number 1 in the country so I'm doing something right. I want someone with that level of creativity to join the staff.

Iowa has landed more 4* recruits in the last 3 years, including this year, than any 3-year stretch in Kirk's tenure. Doesn't sound like the kids think it is stale, more like the 40 year old Al Bundys of the fanbase or the yellow journalists think things are stale.

Phil Parker has been the position coach who has turned the most underrated recruits into NFLers than anyone on the staff.

Two seasons ago we had 9 players make NFL rosters and settled for an 8-5 season. I don't expect this team to win the Big Ten every year, but how many seasons since 2005 have we lived up or surpassed expectations? The only one I can think of is the Orange Bowl season. Of Minnesota's 4 conference wins in the last couple seasons, 2 have been against Iowa. Good programs don't do that.

I've been developing two defenses that I run on NCAA 2012. I didn't want to spill the beans on these as I used them as the basis of my cover letter I submitted with my resume for the DC opening, so hopefully no one from the AD reads this board. But they are a 7-2-2 that I run on rushing downs and a 2-1-8 that I run on passing downs. My defense is number 1 in the country so I'm doing something right. I want someone with that level of creativity to join the staff.

This is fantastic
I was nearly fired in video
game football year 2

Latest posts