We need a name for Koehn's famous kick

'The Mulligan' would've been great, if only Koehn had legitimately missed that first aborted attempt.

I like 'The Blast' since he kicked the living crap out of that ball, second longest field goal in Iowa history.

I think people will remember "Koehn was Abel" the same way they remember "7 got 6", even if the TV announcer at the time didn't say it (I heard it on the BTN wrap-up show).

I also think 'Koehn's kick' will stick.

"This is exhibit A of why you don't waste a timeout trying to ice the kicker which pretty much never works and is just a waste of our ******* time"

A name for the kick, huh? OK... but it was a stellar kick... the kick that authored a magnificent season... it needs to be strong... full of character and manly manliness.

I say we call it Frank!

yoursign_zpsq52ggj7g.jpg
kick_zpsopuadaic.jpg

The Moonshot. That was the highest/longest kick I think I have ever seen. I have seen longer, but I don't think they had near the height.

This. It gave me a chuckle when folks in the "poor time clock management" thread (yes, after a win, although in defense of that OP, it was started while the game was still in progress) were bemoaning how a FG that long is likely to get blocked because the PK has to line-drive it.

Mason even said, "Koehn's kicks are HIGH", and wondered if that might affect distance.

This. It gave me a chuckle when folks in the "poor time clock management" thread (yes, after a win, although in defense of that OP, it was started while the game was still in progress) were bemoaning how a FG that long is likely to get blocked because the PK has to line-drive it.

Mason even said, "Koehn's kicks are HIGH", and wondered if that might affect distance.

Glen Mason was a very good football coach and, if you listen carefully, really does terrific analysis during the game. His observation about the height of Koehn's kicks was very perceptive, IMHO

Latest posts