We have got to find a PG

The stupid never ends around here. No chat last night so I thought I would check out the game thread and I couldn't do it, some have no clue and continue to make themselves look like fools.

Spank if you read this go check out the game thread from last night and I offer it up as evidence #1 of why we need to have a chat every game instead of an in game thread. Less dumbasses in chat and a lot more fun even when watching a loss.

lmao @ you guys who are ripping Gessell. Pathetic. The kid is a Fr that traveled with a young team and played a couple of games in CANCUN. Before you post something about one of our young players on a young team why not take some time down in your mom's basement with your super heroes and think about what a loser you have become.

the kid spent most of the game on the bench because of fouls, he played just 12 minutes.
against WKU he had 29 minutes, 19 points, on 7-10 3-5 from 3
clemmons played 11 minutes and had just 1 foul.
to rip on a kid 6 games into his career is just childish, it a good thing they pulled the win out against Garden Webb, who knows what would have happened,
this board would have turned into the FB board real quick

the kid spent most of the game on the bench because of fouls, he played just 12 minutes.
against WKU he had 29 minutes, 19 points, on 7-10 3-5 from 3
clemmons played 11 minutes and had just 1 foul.
to rip on a kid 6 games into his career is just childish, it a good thing they pulled the win out against Garden Webb, who knows what would have happened,
this board would have turned into the FB board real quick

How is saying that he isn't someone who attacks the basket ripping on him? Good god you guys are dumb. And proof of that is 85% of you agree with herby in this thread. Pointing out that a player doesn't display this or that in their game is NOT ripping on them. Especially when I said in my OP that he's a GOOD PLAYER.

The stupid never ends around here. No chat last night so I thought I would check out the game thread and I couldn't do it, some have no clue and continue to make themselves look like fools.

Spank if you read this go check out the game thread from last night and I offer it up as evidence #1 of why we need to have a chat every game instead of an in game thread. Less dumbasses in chat and a lot more fun even when watching a loss.

you're a very angry fella

He's shown flashes of taking it to the rim; however, in his young career he has taken it too deep: it has often resulted in blocks or turnovers.

I think he has lost a tad bit of confidence in his penetration game. As he makes good decisions, it will come back.

He's the same kid who penetrated 3 or 4 games ago and zipped back to back passes to AW for dunks.

1 good play on penetration will lead to many others.

nope, scrap the team and start over. put Pat in, he'll be way better at handling the ball come conference play. that, and put White only at the 4. maybe we can pull a Saban and just cut people from the team to get those schollies back. Gesell isn't Chris Paul, so we have no chance at competing.

How is saying that he isn't someone who attacks the basket ripping on him? Good god you guys are dumb. And proof of that is 85% of you agree with herby in this thread. Pointing out that a player doesn't display this or that in their game is NOT ripping on them. Especially when I said in my OP that he's a GOOD PLAYER.

read your topic header. to say we need somebody different at PG just reaks of critizism.as well as doubt of this kids ability 6 games in.

read your topic header. to say we need somebody different at PG just reaks of critizism.as well as doubt of this kids ability 6 games in.

"We need to find a PG that can penetrate" does not mean that Gesell sucks. Are you saying Gesell is incapable of playing along side a guard that can penetrate? Seriously trying to figure out what all of you are so pissy about. The amount of dumb in you guys is reprehensible.

funny you say we neede a guard that canj penetrate and Gesell can't do that. so that means that Clemmons the other PG that was recruited is not good enough either

Gesell is going to be very good but right now his weak point on offense is his drive to the bucket. He gets too deep. Also we saw more of the type of pg that he and clemmons will go against in the b1g. They got swallowed up by wsu pg (can't remember his name). Now they are frosh and so it is expected that they would have down games. Yes fouls played a factor but you have to adapt to the refs each game and the wsu pg used the refs to his advantage while clemmons and gesell didn't. Just think what will happen against the likes of a craft or appling or other b1g pgs. I think gesell will develop into a good penetrator but right now he doesn't do it that well. On another front it doesn't seem like we are pushing the ball nearly as much as bc did. Maybe that will come with experience too. For all of bc's faults on defense he really could control the offense and dictate game speed.

funny you say we neede a guard that canj penetrate and Gesell can't do that. so that means that Clemmons the other PG that was recruited is not good enough either

I didn't say they can't but that is not their strong suit right now and until it is there will be some bad nights. Am I wrong? Please Herb, reply with a yes or no. Am I wrong that neither is good going to the rim?

Gesell is going to be very good but right now his weak point on offense is his drive to the bucket. He gets too deep. Also we saw more of the type of pg that he and clemmons will go against in the b1g. They got swallowed up by wsu pg (can't remember his name). Now they are frosh and so it is expected that they would have down games. Yes fouls played a factor but you have to adapt to the refs each game and the wsu pg used the refs to his advantage while clemmons and gesell didn't. Just think what will happen against the likes of a craft or appling or other b1g pgs. I think gesell will develop into a good penetrator but right now he doesn't do it that well. On another front it doesn't seem like we are pushing the ball nearly as much as bc did. Maybe that will come with experience too. For all of bc's faults on defense he really could control the offense and dictate game speed.

One of the few on this board that understands basketball offense.

just remember how finished his 1st season, started out slow and finished starting just like Marble started out slow and ended the season starting, these players are starting now and Iexpect them to be better at the end of the season.
these kids are not one and done players. Iowa is not in the position to get those players. what we have is a solid group of players that will develope, next year is the year for them to really shine
3 seniors that will have 3 solid years of playing time both as starters and Backups
even Leonard the Illini center didn't do much as a Freshman but ended up going pro after his SO year.
to expect Gesell, Clemmons or Woody to perform, as if they would go pro after one year is asking a bit much

just remember how finished his 1st season, started out slow and finished starting just like Marble started out slow and ended the season starting, these players are starting now and Iexpect them to be better at the end of the season.
these kids are not one and done players. Iowa is not in the position to get those players. what we have is a solid group of players that will develope, next year is the year for them to really shine
3 seniors that will have 3 solid years of playing time both as starters and Backups
even Leonard the Illini center didn't do much as a Freshman but ended up going pro after his SO year.
to expect Gesell, Clemmons or Woody to perform, as if they would go pro after one year is asking a bit much

The first thing you've ever said that I agree with. Fran's first year, when he broke in Cartwright, we didn't push the ball on offense well but at the end of the year we were terrific doing that. No reason to think that Gesell won't be great at that as he gets broken into the offense.

Cartwright had something Gesell doesn't have.." Experience" he started for Fresno St as a FR. then went to a JUCO for a year before coming here, he startede for Fran as a JR because Payne got hurt.
there is a big diference between how a JR and a SR play vs a FR just starting out

I thought there were more than a few times that Gessel did push the ball up the court only to be the first Hawk there against 4 Shockers. Not going to get much out of the break when no one is ahead of the PG.

Latest posts