We do NOT want Stoops.

We just need better players. I don't think Stoops would even come if offered, as the Nebraska DC job is open too.

If you are saying Im scared then yes you are correct.

I am scared that this guy Stoops comes in and yells at our football players. Then they have to play under stress. I would think a fair amount of them will quit. So yes Im scared.

You are kiddng me right? This can't be serious? Why don't we do away with the score of the games too and give everyone participation trophies at the end of the year.

You are kiddng me right? This can't be serious? Why don't we do away with the score of the games too and give everyone participation trophies at the end of the year.

OOOhhh so you are fine with him raising his voice to our athletes? These kids could go to any college. They wont be lining up to play for someone who yells at them in front of thousands of people.

The OC and DC aren't required to get along, they work on opposite sides of the ball. Buddy Ryan put together the most dominating defense in NFL history at Chicago and he didn't get along with anyone, including the head coach.

And it resulted in a premature death of a could-be Bears dynasty.

Iowa has had 3 DCs in 33 years. They aren't gonna hire a guy who is going to cause instability within the program. I don't know if hiring Mike Stoops would do that, but Kirk would avoid such a probelm.

I would rather have stoops than the younger parker that is for damn sure.

What do you have against Phil Parker. What information do you have to judge Phil Parker on? Fans don't know jack about what goes on within the program.

All I know is that the defensive backfield, which is coached by Phil Parker, has sent more lowly ranked recruits to the NFL than any other unit on the Iowa team.

As far as recruiting goes, I would like someone who gets us back into Florida. Outside of Rudock, who have we gotten from the Sunshine State lately? We used to have quite a few guys from there, and they were key players.

This why I would love to have MARK Stoops. It won't happen, though.

We also got Torrey Campbell last year and have a few other guys out of Florida the past couple years. 2 so far in the 2012 class as well (Mabin and Venckus). While we do still have some prescense down in Florida they havent been near the impact players that came here in Ferentz' early years (CJ Jones, Banks, Hodge, Fred Barr, Antawn Allen, Ed Miles, etc).

i see Okaloma won a NT while Mike Stoops was the DC in fact their NT were won while he was the DC
oh wait the HC gets all the credit
Mike Stoops gets a HC job because of those Oklahoma NT
as a HC his teams didn't fare as well so it is all his fault
you really think his DC and OC didn't have something to do with that
Norm Parker as DC gets a lot of credit for the success of any school he coached
as a HC Stoops was not very good
as a DC he is damn good
@ 49 i feel he is ready to settle down into one position
if this defense is better because him hire him
if the other coaches on the staff want pout and throw a hissy fit, maybe its time to leave
but i doubt they will, these are grown men and professionals
not children

Last edited:
Now this really could be a problem. Kirk might be coaching in Kansas City now. There will be no one to keep Stoops in line. Ken wont do it.

boy people are quick to judge
has anyboby on this board had a chance to watch coach K on the sidelines
he's just as bad as Stoops if not worse
and Stoops got on the Ref's not his players
Coach K yells at his players
and i don't understand, people B!tch because KF shows no emotion and like to see him gone
Stoops shows emotion and those same people are scared to death Stoops might get hired
make up your d@mn mind either you want a coach that show some life or you want someone who shows nothing but chewing his gum and writing on a notepad

Last edited:
boy people are quick to judge
has anyboby on this board had a chance to watch coach K on the sidelines
he's just as bad as Stoops if not worse
and Stoops got on the Ref's not his players
Coach K yells at his players
and i don't understand, people B!tch because KF shows no emotion and like to see him gone
Stoops shows emotion and those same people are scared to death Stoops might get hired
make up your d@mn mind either you want a coach that show some life or you want someone who shows nothing but chewing his gum and writing on a notepad

Hey I dont mind a guy with a little PUNCTUATION.

Generally speaking, if Ferentz is promoting internally, why wasn't it announced along with Norm's retirement? It seems like this is the logical way to do it in order to maintain the continuity Kirk likes, unless you want to give Norm a little solo media attention....which doesn't seem like either Kirk or Norm's style.

I don't know, maybe Kirk doesn't know yet either, so they thought to get this announcement out if the way.

That doesnt count because Norm wasnt there. I cant remember who was running the defense then.

Now this really could be a problem. Kirk might be coaching in Kansas City now. There will be no one to keep Stoops in line. Ken wont do it.

OOOhhh so you are fine with him raising his voice to our athletes? These kids could go to any college. They wont be lining up to play for someone who yells at them in front of thousands of people.

If you are saying Im scared then yes you are correct.

I am scared that this guy Stoops comes in and yells at our football players. Then they have to play under stress. I would think a fair amount of them will quit. So yes Im scared.

The coaches do need to get along. Can you image if Ken sat in Mike Stoops seat on the plane?

What if Stoops recruiting trips are farther away? How do we come up with the extra coin for fuel costs, hotels, and eating out?

I dont think you understand how well known Phil Parker is. He got a lot of good press for keeping the ship right while Norm was out.

Has to be a joke.