We deserved to lose

Special teams must stand for Special Ed teams...

That said we looked like Shlt out there, no excuse for that poor of execution on all aspects of the game.

Props to Arizona for how they started and ended...but also props to the Hawks for everything in between...learn from it...build on it...move on...win a Big10 title and see what happens from there.

Actually I think we outplayed them in several regards - the D really only gave up one touchdown. But it's hard to win when you allow a block punt in your own 10, allow an INT in your endzone to be returned for a TD, and give up a 100 yard kickoff for a TD. . .

Well, even though the special teams stunk, we STILL had a chance. Unfortunately they drove down the field and scored. THAT hurt.

we lost so the better team won. Now we move forward get ready for the next game then the big ten nothing else to debate this time.

I respectfully disagree. It was obvious from what we saw tonight that Iowa wins this game 8 times out of 10. Just sickening.

I agree - the better team did not win - The Zona O did not do a whole lot most of the night....however we spotted them 21 easy scores - that is the problem......dont forget the drop by DJK for the score.....bad pass or not he has made better plays....we would of had points on the tipped int too.....

BUT when you screw up as much as we did you will get beat by decent teams and Zona is decent - Foles is the best passer we will see all year....

Bring on Ball State - they are in for it - Iowa will be ticked next week......

Last edited:
No argument that Iowa deserved to lose. Regardless, I do not believe they are not the better team. I hope it's a learning experience.

You have to break the game down to offense, defense and special teams. Iowa and Arizona were virtually even on offense and defense and they killed us in special teams.

I have no question that Iowa can beat them, you just cannot spot any team in the top 50, 14 or 21 pts.

Iowa came out flat and AZ came out ready. They deserved to win

Props to Arizona for how they started and ended...but also props to the Hawks for everything in between...learn from it...build on it...move on...win a Big10 title and see what happens from there.

Yep. Zona came out with their hair on fire, credit to them. Iowa could have folded at halftime, but came out and brought the fight in the second half. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Arizona scored right after Binns tied it up. You see it a lot in basketball; especially the college game - a team will down by a huge margin like Iowa was, and expend so much energy to get back in the game, that once it's tied or close, they can't get over the hump. That's what happened tonight.

Every area failed when it mattered most.

Special teams and offense throughout the game. Defense at the end.

And that last offensive series? Somebody's head should roll for that one.

I respectfully disagree. It was obvious from what we saw tonight that Iowa wins this game 8 times out of 10. Just sickening.

When push came to shove, Zona took command of the game, drove immediately down the field, and punched in the go ahead touchdown. Then, their defensive line dominated Iowa's Oline line to put the nail in the coffin. That's why I'm comfortable saying the better team won. It was quite obvious.

Can't really call it spotting them points. Our players didn't make those plays and theirs did.

Giving up an easy 21 is exactly why Iowa deserved to lose. Ariz deserved to win. They drove down the field for a td when they needed to and won the game. I could care less who the better team is. All I know is it's a loss!

Latest posts