We deserved to lose

The better team won.

Agree 100 percent. Arizona beat us in about every aspect of the game. They completely shut down our running game. Completely dominated our oline and they passed well and made the big plays when they needed to. Hats off to the wildcats. They dominated the hawks. The score was actually must closer than it should have been. Good teams make big plays. We were not ready to play and arizona took it to us from the getgo. I absolutely don't agree with the poster who said we would beat arizona 8 of 10 times. Not sure how you come to that conclusion when the cats made our line look silly and passed on us at will.

I just want there to be a season where Iowa is hyped up and then they don't beat them selves. That would be nice.

Here's to competing for the conference and getting to a second BCS bowl in a row.

Yep. Zona came out with their hair on fire, credit to them. Iowa could have folded at halftime, but came out and brought the fight in the second half. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Arizona scored right after Binns tied it up. You see it a lot in basketball; especially the college game - a team will down by a huge margin like Iowa was, and expend so much energy to get back in the game, that once it's tied or close, they can't get over the hump. That's what happened tonight.

Exactly...teams tend to relax once they've "climbed the mountain" and no doubt it contributes to them losing in the end...that blocked PAT gave them some momentum back as well...who knows what happens if Iowa winds up with the lead instead of a tie there.

Game is tied - AZ's last series they went 70 yards for a TD. Our last series three sacks, (four counting the sack not allowed because of the false start). They deserve the win.

Arizona was the better team today. Incredibly disappointing.

It was a nice comeback, and we should have plenty to build on, but we did pretty much everything we could to lose that game. Good God our special teams were horrible.

Congrats Arizona.

I have to agree with the original poster. AZ was better on offense, defense, & SP.

They deserved to win.

AZ is tough, talented, and didn't blink when the chips were down. Good win for them.

not sure what game some were watching - our D gives up yards but not scores......we left an easy 13 to 21 points on the field......in the end it is what it is - this team will rebound - we may just not be as good as we thought.....

hats off to those kids for fighting back - how many teams come back from 20 points? Lots of character out there on the field in black and gold.....

I have to agree with the original poster. AZ was better on offense, defense, & SP.

They deserved to win.

AZ is tough, talented, and didn't blink when the chips were down. Good win for them.

I don't know if I would agree with that. Zona's offense scored 20 points, and 7 seven of those came on an 8 yard field. Until that last drive, their offense hadn't done anything but commit penalties and move backwards in the second half.

Their defense gave yards very easily, and gave up 20 points of their own. So call the offenses even.

Their special teams were the better unit by far. It's where the game was lost.

Yes, Arizona played a better game tonight and definitely earned the win, but to say that Arizona is the better team overall is nonsense.

Arizona had emotion, revenge, desire for validation and the home field on their side. This was the Hawks first road game, which I think factored in as well. Iowa made stupid mental mistakes at the beginning to put them in too big of a hole, which they almost overcame anyway.

If this game was played in Iowa City, do you think Arizona would have come back from a 20 point deficit??? I think not.

Arizona was the better team TONIGHT, on Saturday, September 18th. I think the Hawks still have more and better talent overall and will have a better season and will prove to be a better team overall.

Who cares, we arent a horrible team. We got down because of some bad play by special teams and made a run to get back in the game and came up short. Now its time to think about the next game.

Arizona outplayed us in every phase of the game but the worst was that their D line completely dominated our O line and both of our kick teams (punt and kick off) sucked.

It was a long walk back to the hotel.

Exactly...teams tend to relax once they've "climbed the mountain" and no doubt it contributes to them losing in the end...that blocked PAT gave them some momentum back as well...who knows what happens if Iowa winds up with the lead instead of a tie there.

Thats what I was thinking, if that extra point goes in and Iowa is up, it's a different story. It is much harder to come back and score when you are down as opposed to tied, especially as the home team. The pressure is on when you've got to score to extend the game. If AZ had to punt on the last drive tonight? No skin, they were going to OT either way.

Latest posts