We could be top 5 nationally

So scoring more points than are needed to beat your opponent is the only barometer of offensive dominance? Got it.
You must be thinking of CJB’s junior year when Iowa was 12-0 to begin the year. That year was decent, Iowa came in at 54th in scoring offense.

If your argument is winning games automatically makes your offense dominant, my question to you would be when Iowa basketball sat at 20-5 this year did they by virtue of your logic have a “dominant” defense.

Is there maybe more ways to win a game than dominating in any one area?

Do you even know what dominant means?

You must be thinking of CJB’s junior year when Iowa was 12-0 to begin the year. That year was decent, Iowa came in at 54th in scoring offense.

If your argument is winning games automatically makes your offense dominant, my question to you would be when Iowa basketball sat at 20-5 this year did they by virtue of your logic have a “dominant” defense.

Is there maybe more ways to win a game than dominating in any one area?

Do you even know what dominant means?

I'm definitely thinking of 2015. The 12-0 season. I have it in my head that was Beathard's senior season but could have that wrong.

Of course I know what dominate means. I have been doing it since birth lol.

There have been plenty of Iowa offenses that dominated in the run game. Most of them did not have an unstoppable pass game to match. Then there have been the rarer few that have had dominant balance where they controlled the other team with either run or pass.

All in all it would be more accurate to say we have never had the most dominant offense. To say that we have never dominated on the offensive side of the ball is just not correct.

You have not made a compelling argument yet to change my mind. If that was your goal.

I'm definitely thinking of 2015. The 12-0 season. I have it in my head that was Beathard's senior season but could have that wrong.

Of course I know what dominate means. I have been doing it since birth lol.

There have been plenty of Iowa offenses that dominated in the run game. Most of them did not have an unstoppable pass game to match. Then there have been the rarer few that have had dominant balance where they controlled the other team with either run or pass.

All in all it would be more accurate to say we have never had the most dominant offense. To say that we have never dominated on the offensive side of the ball is just not correct.

You have not made a compelling argument yet to change my mind. If that was your goal.
I don’t have a goal to change your mind. My guess is you are in a very extreme minority in thinking Iowa has had multiple dominant offenses in the KF tenure. Clinton probably agrees with you though.

Stanzi Jr year or Beathard Sr year. You pick. Both teams were incredibly hard to stop.
Stanzi Jr year or Beathard Sr year. You pick. Both teams were incredibly hard to stop.

Good one. I would definitely go Stanzi senior year prior to the OG injuries and Adam Robinson injury. That was an awesome offense. Things really went down hill once we got to 3rd string guard, though.

Football Outsiders has an Offensive Efficiency rating that represents points per drive adjusted for starting field position and opponent defensive quality. It only goes back to 2007.

Last year Iowa was 48th nationally.

In 2015, they were also 48th. The big difference between the 2 years was performance in close games (Iowa won them all in 2015, lost most in 2018).

In 2010, they were 23rd.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feioff2010

I bet through MSU they were close to top 10.

In 2008 (Shonn Greene season) they were 37th. Again, I bet if we just look at the latter part of that season, they were easily top 25.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feioff2008

Fun site, maybe someone wants to do some work to dig up Iowa's defensive stats over the last dozen years?

I don’t have a goal to change your mind. My guess is you are in a very extreme minority in thinking Iowa has had multiple dominant offenses in the KF tenure. Clinton probably agrees with you though.

Me and every B1G coach that puts 9 in the box to attempt to slow down the definitely not dominant run game.

I have heard your arguments and I have to agree with Adam.
Because we all know how it used to be, from all the old coaches in the b10, including KF, you didn't run the score up on other b10 teams. The definition of dominant was different.
In conclusion the court finds that if the b10 as a whole didn't run the score up on each other, any metrics used to calculate how effective or efficient an offense was on any scale outside of the b10 would have a large margin of error That degree of error would be quite sufficient.
Furthermore, it stands to reason that if one were of the belief that this ruling in some way suggests the b10 would then not be as good in offense OR defense as other conferences, the court would require new information to decide that. However the court is inclined to believe that is not the case, due to the bowl records against other conferences in said national polling.

Depressing to read this stuff if your dream is one day for your team to play for a national championship. I’ve been loyal to my teams (Bears, Cubs, and Hawkeyes) since I was six years old, some fifty-three years ago. I’ve gotten to see da bears do it and the cubs do it.

As long as the current AD at Iowa is in place and the current nerd farts in the board of regents are still there nothing is going to change. Go mediocrity coaching staffs go!!!

The Atlantic Coast Conference(ACC) is a collegiate athletic conference in the United States of America in which its fifteen member universities compete in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)'s Division I, with its football teams competing in the Football Bowl Subdivision(FBS), the highest levels for athletic competition in US-based collegiate sports. The ACC sponsors competition in twenty-five sports with many of its member institutions' athletic programs held in high regard nationally. Current members of the conference are Boston College, Clemson University, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Florida State University, North Carolina State University, Syracuse University, the University of Louisville, the University of Miami, the University of North Carolina, the University of Notre Dame, the University of Pittsburgh, the University of Virginia, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, and Wake Forest University.

This is the conference that produces a national champion and Iowa can’t even get into the final four????? SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE.

Of course we all know that the SEC and ACC have the best players that money can buy.

You may want to check your stats. It looks to me like the offense was better in CJB’s junior year. Doesn’t appear there is any correlation between a senior QB and successful offense at Iowa.

Also Iowa has never, never been dominant on offense in the KF regime.

You bit on that pretty hard.

Top 5?

Are you smoking something with that KoolAid?

We will be okay not top 5, probably not top ten either

Top 5?

Are you smoking something with that KoolAid?

We will be okay not top 5, probably not top ten either

Telling you, it sets up perfectly. I don't know if the defense as a whole group is on board, but it's starting to sound pretty good up front. We've got young guys looking to crack the line up. We've got upper class men looking to make their final mark.
We've got some hunger up front. From AJ to Dixion, to Shannon to Doyle to Jones to...,.. the competition, the schedule, all of it is in place. Just need to get as many on board and up to speed as possible.
I have a feeling other teams qb's, rb's are not going to like lining up across from us this fall. An OC"s nightmare.

I should adapt my ruling.
Wisconsin was who started the whole running up the score.
We as fans of Iowa had to piss and moan that KF was the last on board with this idea. Even Indiana does it.
I remember KF letting teams "hang around".
So yes the times have changed.
But going into the 4th up by 21? You should be rotating people in. What is that magical number? Well I suppose that depends on who you are rotating in and how many.

Latest posts