We changed the forum landing page

Also, in the new redesign we will have it so where when you hover above the word forum, the entire list of forums will be there for you so you will not have to go to this new landing page each time. We'll also have a 'Catch All' link too

The hover option will not be there til redesign complete. Should be late next week.

I realize some don't like change. But you have the ability to bookmark the old landing page. And once the hover option is there the catch all option will be in the drop down list

Not a fan of this setup at all. I liked the forum page the way it was. Just my two cents.

Which is why you can still bookmark the landing page you wish to see, and in a week or so, the forum dropdown menu will include that very same catchall landing page.

Also, when you are in a thread, you can go back to the old landing page by clicking on 'HawkeyeNation Forums' right next to where it says 'Here you are' under the header

This is just like the other sites now. I'm not saying there aren't ways for us to get around it, but I liked it when it went to the catch alls first then could search the individual forums. That way I could keep up with what others were saying. I think the drop down will be nice, but so much easier the other way. I'm sure we'll all get used to it, but figured this forum was for our feedback so here it is.

This is just like the other sites now. I'm not saying there aren't ways for us to get around it, but I liked it when it went to the catch alls first then could search the individual forums. That way I could keep up with what others were saying. I think the drop down will be nice, but so much easier the other way. I'm sure we'll all get used to it, but figured this forum was for our feedback so here it is.

+1

Do not like. It doesn't reflect the pulse of the nation. Like google anything not in the top half of the page gets ignored. Your "Hawkeye Mashup" page views will fall off a cliff because many (especially those on thier smart phones) won't take the to wait for it to load and scroll down to the bottom to look for it.

I will take all feedback into consideration. The good news is that this aspect is not hard to change...I can also create a landing page that is a catch all, minus the Off Topic posts and you'd have to click on that forum to read them...or have the Catch All when you hover over the Forums page.

Again, if you like the Catch all, I would suggest bookmarking that and landing here via that bookmark...that is what I do.

We'll see how it goes, and make a decision that satisfies a few needs....I dont mind the off topic stuff, but this time of year it can dominate the board and that causes some people to want to stay away....I dont want that...but also want to give those that engage in the OT stuff an outlet...cuz I enjoy those sometimes.

Do not like. It doesn't reflect the pulse of the nation. Like google anything not in the top half of the page gets ignored. Your "Hawkeye Mashup" page views will fall off a cliff because many (especially those on thier smart phones) won't take the to wait for it to load and scroll down to the bottom to look for it.

I am going to create a Mashup forum for each day's offering.

I will take all feedback into consideration. The good news is that this aspect is not hard to change...I can also create a landing page that is a catch all, minus the Off Topic posts and you'd have to click on that forum to read them...or have the Catch All when you hover over the Forums page.

Again, if you like the Catch all, I would suggest bookmarking that and landing here via that bookmark...that is what I do.

We'll see how it goes, and make a decision that satisfies a few needs....I dont mind the off topic stuff, but this time of year it can dominate the board and that causes some people to want to stay away....I dont want that...but also want to give those that engage in the OT stuff an outlet...cuz I enjoy those sometimes.

Talk to your core Jon, you know who the alpha consumers are, and you know what they like. If you spend all your time worrying about the A's and Z's you'll lose a lot of sleep.

BTW I'm fully aware that people with high post counts might not be your core.

Last edited:
I am going to create a Mashup forum for each day's offering.

I understand that, but on the new landing page the Mashup forur is the 9th forum listed and lives halfway down page one. You can create all you want but if you aren't easy to see people won't see you. Again it's just like google. If you arent one of the first 3-5 links listed in a google search you might as well be invisible.

I get it but there is nothing really on the other forums to discuss now so I like to see the OT. Also, I have it bookmarked but instead of conveniently hitting the forum page I have to go to the top of my browser to hit it, too much work ;) I think most would agree that they like it this way.

And if you don't like the OT stuff then you can easily click the forum you want on the side. I don't think the change was needed for just that.

OK ... I officially dislike this new landing page.

I really liked being able to see all the most recent posts in one place.

Having to sort through each topic for pertinent threads just takes too long. :mad:

I officially dislike this new landing page -- it is onerous to navigate. What I liked before was being able to see all relevant posts with recent acitivity. Having to toggle between topics just takes too long.

A step back unfortunately.

Re:OK ... I officially dislike this new landing page.

Me too. I'm normally okay with change but this has been too much.

It's all your fault Duffman!!!! :)

Latest posts