We beat Indiana soundly!

The only thing I see that is going to help us is our size. Indiana has a lot of speed on their defense, but not a lot of size. Watching their game vs NW, their LB looks very small, but quick! Their Dline is about the same size of Iowa's, but they are not as aggressive as Iowas. I think Iowa will find a way to nickel and dime it down the field. I do not expect any BIG plays this week, but we will be able to sustain drives against this defense.

Iowa's defense has to be ready to go, IU's offense is good. They have some playmakers on their offense and their QB is not that bad. Our defense will have to sit back and force their QB to make plays with his arm. He has had some control issues this year and when you get pressure on him, he does tend to throw it up for grabs. I really look for the Iowa DLINE to have a HUGE day on saturday. GO HAWKS

The question here is scoring. Indiana's D has been giving up a lot of yards ... but Iowa's O has had some difficulty scoring. Thus, to me, the question will be whether or not Iowa can execute well in the red zone and get the ball in the end zone.

Indiana has given up more yards per game than any opponent we have faced thus far ... and they've given all that yardage up to some pretty anemic Os too (Virginia and tOSU, to name but two). Furthermore, the better Ds that Indiana has faced (Virginia and tOSU) have completely rolled them.

Thus, this also is a point where the impact of the injuries to our guys becomes an issue. If Greenwood is injured more than anybody is letting on ... then his absence would arguably be the biggest hit to us with regard to match-ups. If Greenwood is back and at full power ... then our D will be back to "business as usual" ... and that will, at the very least, afford Iowa's O enough short fields that we should get some points out of the deal.

Of course, having ARob out obviously significantly hinders our running game ... especially hurting our depth at RB. Thus, it will be VERY interesting to see what sort of game plan the coaches construct AND what personnel decisions that coaches decide to make.

This is going to be a 10 pt. game. I don't see us blowing them out. Too many injured at crucial positions. IF the next man in gets it done, then maybe. I think the key will be If our defense can get their offense rattled, and get some turnovers.

Latest posts