We beat Indiana soundly!

hawkytalk

I have been pretty much on all season with the exception of thinking the game against MSU would not be that close. With that being said,this is at home,we have alot to lose and alot is at stake. If we can not beat an Indiana team in our own back yard,then we are overrated. We,however are not. Indiana has not seen a good defensive team yet!

Hopefully this will be the game the offense kicks it into high gear.
So far they have been in 4 wheel drive low gear. unstoppable and sure footed.

with all the injuries and what not, its gonna be a tough game. The hawks need to play error free ball and also be ready to go. If we allow IU any type of success we are in trouble. They had their falling out party last weekend, (up by 25) and then blew it down their leg!

Early week prediciton:
Iowa 31
IU 17

Stanzi: 24-37 310yds 4TDs
Wegher/Paki: 18 carries 78yds
Stross: 8 catches 120yds 2TDs

This week the hawks get it going on offense and they allow indiana to hang around till halftime, then they blow it open in the 2nd half. Iowa's defense gets 3 TO's in this game!

Last year we gouged them on the ground. This year I hope we are able to take chunks of yards through the air. I don't think their secondary can keep up with the likes of DJK, McNutt, Stross, Davis, Moeaki, Reisner, and Wegher for 60 minutes...put it on 'em offense!

Every week for the past couple of weeks there are people who predicted the upcoming game was Iowa's "breakout" game where they put 4 quarters together and win big.

Hasn't happened yet, and I'd be surprised if it ever does.

Now...I think Iowa CAN put up a lot of points Saturday IF they come out throwing....and keep throwing. Not sure KOK will do this though.

Personally, I think with the injuries we have and with Robinson out we need to use the same strategy we did in 2004 when we were decimated at running back. Iowa has the horses at receiver....let 'em gallop!

I hope he is right, but I am scared to death about this game. I think we are banged up pretty bad, and it would only be natural to not be at a emotional peek after the last three weeks

It's time...

Blow the dust off of it...

Open it carefully...

Behold...

The KOK/Drew Tate 2004 Playbook...

~Kneels before it~

Our offense definitely needs to come out of its shell here pretty soon, otherwise I don't see us going undefeated much longer. It was about this time last year that our offense really started to come on, so hopefully they improve a bunch in next couple weeks to give our defense a break once.

Our offense definitely needs to come out of its shell here pretty soon, otherwise I don't see us going undefeated much longer. It was about this time last year that our offense really started to come on, so hopefully they improve a bunch in next couple weeks to give our defense a break once.
I would hope that the Hawks can put together more offensively, but I don't see any RB on the roster like Shonn Greene. He was the key to being able to open up the offense more last year. If we can establish something on the ground, that will open things up for the pass. That is how Kirk and KOK like to do it. They will be conservative, especially with the injuries.

I am extremely confident Iowa will win confortably this week. Indianas D is not good, that have 1 good linebacker, but the D-line is week as is the secondary.

They have a couple nice, tall receivers they get the ball to well, but have shown that when facing tough Defenses with stout D-lines, they are not good.

Iowa will have choice to run or pass at will. Too bad for Robinson he is not gonna play, cause our O-line is gonna give Wegher some nice holes to run through. I think Wegher will finish with over 100 yards easy.

Not to mention, Indiana got its guts ripped out this weekend by Northwestern. may have even demoralized them.

34-10ish...Hawks

I am extremely confident Iowa will win confortably this week. Indianas D is not good, that have 1 good linebacker, but the D-line is week as is the secondary.

They have a couple nice, tall receivers they get the ball to well, but have shown that when facing tough Defenses with stout D-lines, they are not good.

Iowa will have choice to run or pass at will. Too bad for Robinson he is not gonna play, cause our O-line is gonna give Wegher some nice holes to run through. I think Wegher will finish with over 100 yards easy.

Not to mention, Indiana got its guts ripped out this weekend by Northwestern. may have even demoralized them.

34-10ish...Hawks

Every week we hear the same bravado, and end up in a tight game. IU's defensive ends(kirlew and someone) are very good. They could cause us problems protecting Ricky. Their d-line is decent. Their rb is fast,ripping off a 77 yard td run on the first play from scrimmage last week and Chapelle is a decent passer. If the Hawks get off to an uncharacteristic fast start, maybe we get up on them and beat them down, but if we follow our normal pattern, we will start slow, get behind, and rally in the second half to win close.

Well, just one man's opinion, but I would be pretty comfortable making wagers on this game. In analizing the last 3 games, I did not expect a blowout in any of those contests, however in spending some time in review, the hawks match up well here, and very confident we at least cover the spread on Sat.

Last week I predicted (can't remember if it was here or another board) that...win or lose against MSU...the Hawks would lose to Indiana.

Why? I see a huge "let down". Iowa has had 4 tough games in a row....3 of them on the road. Coming home to Kinnick against a supposedly "lesser" team I think Iowa will not be as mentally prepared as they normally would. Throw in the injury factor and Indiana having nothing to lose.....this is a recipe for disaster IMO.

Latest posts