We aren't back

Herkyalert

Banned
Not by longshot. Two terrible efforts back to back.

Hawks can't afford more than 1 loss in the non-conference schedule if they even want to make the NIT. The Big Ten is better than last season and it's going to be harder to climb back.

Especially when you get crushed to by freaking Virginia Tech.

We pretty much have to win both UNI and Iowa State games (along with the rest of the gimme's) or have a fantastic Big Ten record if we want to dance. I'm still thinking NIT this year though.

Va Tech is a good team but not a great team. We play GOD awful Defense. ONce again we are more content running and shooting with D optional. Disappointing.

Young team on the road... there were some positives. I think Woody made a step forward but he is 2 years from being dominating.

No 'go to' scorer. That should be Gessel but hes a year away too. Marble isn't good enough to carry the team.. he needs another year

Learn how to overcome two opponents: the guys on the opposite bench and the slimes wearing black and white.

Hawks can't afford more than 1 loss in the non-conference schedule if they even want to make the NIT. The Big Ten is better than last season and it's going to be harder to climb back.

I'm still not sure why everyone is so surprised we aren't that good. We were a mediocre team last year and lost our two best players. We have freshman starting at the point and center position.

I've never seen such unbridled optimism from a group of fans in my life. We aren't a NCAA tournament team...not by a long shot. I'd say maybe an outside shot of being a bubble team next year provided there is no attrition.

What? We made the NIT after losing 5 non-cons last year. Were gonna need a 10 win B1G season regardless of our losses vs the VT’s and UNI’s.

I'm still not sure why everyone is so surprised we aren't that good. We were a mediocre team last year and lost our two best players. We have freshman starting at the point and center position.

I've never seen such unbridled optimism from a group of fans in my life. We aren't a NCAA tournament team...not by a long shot. I'd say maybe an outside shot of being a bubble team next year provided there is no attrition.
Not even a NIT team if they play this this going forward. The past week has been pretty terrible.

I could accept the Wichita State loss, but not this one.

Ranked teams lose on the road to bad teams quite often. We are obviously not ranked so why is this loss unacceptable? It's college basketball. A road loss isn't that big of a deal really.

Two starting freshmen and 6 freshmen or sophomores in the rotation and you expected consistency?

Unbridled optimism? Let me apologize for our fanbase who has dealt with **** poor bball for 5 straight years having hopes that probably aren’t realistic. The majority of us predicted a bubble team which is fairly attainable. And calling Cartwright our 2nd best player is just plain dumb.

Going to be a long winter...

No bowl game, basketball team blows goats. Might as well get put into an induced coma until I can get back out on the golf course.

Just a question Herby: how the eff do u play defense when any little contact is whistled by homer refs???!
#aintyourfathersbigten

We've got some time to tighten things up on D. I thought we were getting much better looks at the basket tonight. This is a young team, you can't hang on to every game worrying if we're back, a lot of progress can be made in a short amount of time with young players like this.

We've got some time to tighten things up on D. I thought we were getting much better looks at the basket tonight. This is a young team, you can't hang on to every game worrying if we're back, a lot of progress can be made in a short amount of time with young players like this.

Yep. Offensive flow was much better tonight. I think the thing I'd like to see most on D is less doubling and overplaying. We get out of position a lot, and are just a step slow to recover.

Latest posts