Water tower

BergHawk7

spoke to a guy who worked on the new children's hospital addition, and he said the water tower will be torn down within the next few years and another addition to the hospital will go in its place. Looks like the water tower will never be painted.

We need a big Tigerhawk at the 50. That would be a major marketing symbol right in the camera's eye. Make is so.

So if it's going to get torn down anyway who's panties are in a bunch @ UIHC about a sports emblem on a water tower? Even though the hospital is in a world unto itself it's still part of the university.

spoke to a guy who worked on the new children's hospital addition, and he said the water tower will be torn down within the next few years and another addition to the hospital will go in its place. Looks like the water tower will never be painted.

I would bet when the north end zone is redone and stadium filled in most would not even be able to see the water tower anyway. They will have to put in a new large video board like the south end zone. More ad space and people would appreciate it along with better sound.

Maybe the state of Iowa needs to rethink its appropriations to UIHC if someone is threatened by a Tiger-Hawk emblem on a water tower?

For what it's worth, here's a projected layout of what the new hospital complex may look like in the future. Does not include water tower.

8645144803_7b01d733cf_b.jpg

If I win the lottery, I will contribute big bucks to the UIHC project...with the contingency of a giant Tiger Hawk on one of the towers. Better yet, we could do Kinnick's version of the Wrigley Field bleachers and put a bar with seating on top of Children's

SmokeTownHawk says: "Maybe the state of Iowa needs to rethink its appropriations to UIHC if someone is threatened by a Tiger-Hawk emblem on a water tower?"

Um, exactly what state appropriation would that be? (hint: to the best of my knowledge, there is no state appropriation for the university hospital system other than for indigent patient care, which is a miniscule in an overall budgetary sense. The hospital is self-supporting through patient revenues and other sources). Meanwhile, state appropriations towards the academic mission of the university are an ever-smaller piece of the financial pie, reflecting a growing indifference to support for higher education in the state of Iowa. Indeed, one could argue that the state should abdicate it's role in governing our public universities since its appropriations provide far less than half the total cost of operation.

SmokeTownHawk says: "Maybe the state of Iowa needs to rethink its appropriations to UIHC if someone is threatened by a Tiger-Hawk emblem on a water tower?"

Um, exactly what state appropriation would that be? (hint: to the best of my knowledge, there is no state appropriation for the university hospital system other than for indigent patient care, which is a miniscule in an overall budgetary sense. The hospital is self-supporting through patient revenues and other sources). Meanwhile, state appropriations towards the academic mission of the university are an ever-smaller piece of the financial pie, reflecting a growing indifference to support for higher education in the state of Iowa. Indeed, one could argue that the state should abdicate it's role in governing our public universities since its appropriations provide far less than half the total cost of operation.

So all this new building @ UIHC comes with no state tax money? Even with the usual building fund kept in modern-day hospital budgets I find that hard to believe. What I was getting at is the concept of UIHC having a kingdom unto itself. I abhor that mentality whether it be a public or private entity. I know it's a seemingly minor thing, but the idea of someone in their corner office gets miffed at the thought of a tiger hawk painted on a tower perfectly illustrates that control-freak mentality so typical in corporate America this day and age.