Watching KSU vs OU and wishing/hoping

HawkeyezBull

Next time a QB like Martinez is available that we make the full court press for them. I get that he has flaws but hard to argue this would be a top 10 team if we had someone that could stress a D, just watching the CB's and Saefety's key in on our RB's tonight makes one wish jus tthe threat of a read option and what that would mean.

That was a fun game to watch. I tuned in with about eight minutes left in the game. Nebraska fans are thinking “Where was this QB at the last two years,” lol.
Yeah they used him incorrectly, he is a read option, play action QB and would thrive in an offense like what we did with Braad Banks. Using the running game to open up the passing game. Nebby tried to use him as a drop back QB. KSU had the right game plan tonight, just not sure how they lost to Tulane by only scoring 10.

I was actively hoping he would end up at Iowa but I know a lot on this board didn't want him.

Yeah they used him incorrectly, he is a read option, play action QB and would thrive in an offense like what we did with Braad Banks. Using the running game to open up the passing game. Nebby tried to use him as a drop back QB. KSU had the right game plan tonight, just not sure how they lost to Tulane by only scoring 10.
Banks almost destroyed KF emotionally.

I hate to break it to you guys, but Iowa doesn't run a read option offense that Martinez excels at. Ya got to have guys that fit what you do. Not sure KF would be willing to revamp his whole offense to bring a player in for one season.

I hate to break it to you guys, but Iowa doesn't run a read option offense that Martinez excels at. Ya got to have guys that fit what you do. Not sure KF would be willing to revamp his whole offense to bring a player in for one season.
It is a natural extension of the play action base they already run. The reason it isn't in the playbook is cause we constantly bring in the least athletic QB's possible.

It is a natural extension of the play action base they already run. The reason it isn't in the playbook is cause we constantly bring in the least athletic QB's possible.

They might have a couple plays that could fit, but it is not Iowa foundation for their offense is my point. It's one thing to have a few plays within the offense, it's another to build an entire offense around one player's skill set. It's not as easy as it sounds and is a ball rolling down the hill. You have to commit and recruit to that entire offense, not just throw a guy in there and run some plays. It's a huge undertaking, is my point.

They might have a couple plays that could fit, but it is not Iowa foundation for their offense is my point. It's one thing to have a few plays within the offense, it's another to build an entire offense around one player's skill set. It's not as easy as it sounds and is a ball rolling down the hill. You have to commit and recruit to that entire offense, not just throw a guy in there and run some plays. It's a huge undertaking, is my point.
Lets not mess with the Iowa offensive foundation. We should not do anything to disrupt our finely tuned offensive machine. Our success could go right out the window and we would find Iowa near the bottom of the FBS in offense.

Lets not mess with the Iowa offensive foundation. We should not do anything to disrupt our finely tuned offensive machine. Our success could go right out the window and we would find Iowa near the bottom of the FBS in offense.

.........or you can be pretty insignificant in college football and chase like the Nebraska's of the world or Missouri's, Indiana's, UCLA's, most ACC teams, etc..

There is getting a few pieces needed or getting a few things straight in a current system or overhauling to a very different system which would not go as well or fast as many on here think it would. Just my point.

I understand your point of getting the system better, but changing philosophy for a program is not that easy and can be a bumpy ride, which I am not sure fans of today would be ready for or patient enough.

.........or you can be pretty insignificant in college football and chase like the Nebraska's of the world or Missouri's, Indiana's, UCLA's, most ACC teams, etc..

There is getting a few pieces needed or getting a few things straight in a current system or overhauling to a very different system which would not go as well or fast as many on here think it would. Just my point.

I understand your point of getting the system better, but changing philosophy for a program is not that easy and can be a bumpy ride, which I am not sure fans of today would be ready for or patient enough.
Are you a sucker for infomercials?

All those schools need is Phil Parker... Not Kirk Ferentz and his offense.

Pick up my new book : The Young, The Injured and the All American.. The confounding foundation of a perpetually inept offense.

Latest posts