watching B1G ball all day...

HawkeyeWalker

It amazes me how much contact/arm slapping goes uncalled under the basket on shots. I get its a "physical / tough" conference, but some no calls are just really bad. Letting the body contact go I absolutely get but the swiping and arm slaps?

It amazes me how much contact/arm slapping goes uncalled under the basket on shots. I get its a "physical / tough" conference, but some no calls are just really bad. Letting the body contact go I absolutely get but the swiping and arm slaps?

I am right there with you. It is a shame they have let BB get to this point. I remember watching all the 80's and early 90's when the game was refed sooooo much better. Teams scored points, they got to play offense and move on the court without being mugged. It doesn't take talent to do what a Aaron Craft does (foul up and down the court).....it just takes a ref letting you do this to fool people into thinking you play great D.

All college reffing is a joke. How can you justify not having full-time refs for football/basketball when they make millions? Billions? Just dumb, and F Florida and their damn paid off refs in that 06 Outback bowl (yes still bitter).

MSU/Illinois has been a pretty good game. It really ticks me off to see Travis Trice 0 for 3 from the 3 point land considering he torched Iowa in that second half.

The more college bball I watch the more convinced I am that they need a 24 second shot clock. At the very least lower it to 30 seconds. I get sick of watching teams just stand out top not doing anything for 10 seconds before getting into their offense.

NBA-style ball has infiltrated the college game.

ehhhh, no, it hasn't....The grab and hold, grind-it-out NBA basketball went away about a decade ago. The only positive thing that came out of the brawl in Detroit. The owners/Stern finally realized they needed to put a better product out on the floor. Watch NBA games now, it is a free flowing game for the most part, nothing like college b-ball.

MSU/Illinois has been a pretty good game. It really ticks me off to see Travis Trice 0 for 3 from the 3 point land considering he torched Iowa in that second half.

The more college bball I watch the more convinced I am that they need a 24 second shot clock. At the very least lower it to 30 seconds. I get sick of watching teams just stand out top not doing anything for 10 seconds before getting into their offense.

Ima betting the 24-second clock becomes a reality in two years or less. I'm not in favor of it but I certainly think the push is on.

Not sure who to pull for in the game? Hate both of them but thinking the Illini win would be good for Hawks?

I am right there with you. It is a shame they have let BB get to this point. I remember watching all the 80's and early 90's when the game was refed sooooo much better. Teams scored points, they got to play offense and move on the court without being mugged. It doesn't take talent to do what a Aaron Craft does (foul up and down the court).....it just takes a ref letting you do this to fool people into thinking you play great D.

I agree. Fouls aren't the half of it. Traveling and palming the ball are rampant, and never called. It's ruined the game just as much IMO.

I agree. Fouls aren't the half of it. Traveling and palming the ball are rampant, and never called. It's ruined the game just as much IMO.

I concur I don't know how many times this year I have seen guys switch pivot feet or there pivot foot before putting the ball on the floor. How about Jok getting a blatant shot to the head today from an offensive player--totally obvious everyone saw it. You can bet a the house if Woody or Gabe do that same thing it gets called as a flagrant one. Remember a game this year Gabe goes up to block a guys shot knocks the dude to the floor absolutely a basketball play--and the tool Glen Elmore wouldn't shut his mouth about how it was dirty--for all of what Jockitch had to say--Glen Elmore needed to be reprimanded for his attack on Gabe--B.S.

Lol, see Northwestern game. That stadegy had more more upset with Fran than anything else.

Ima betting the 24-second clock becomes a reality in two years or less. I'm not in favor of it but I certainly think the push is on.

I actually think 24 might be too quick for college. Things like Iowa's three-quarter press would really hurt the other team. By the time they get the ball across the half line they have 16 seconds to shoot...

Schools like West Virginia who press constantly would really crush it with a 24 second clock. Still Id like to see at least a 30 second clock at first.

Not sure who to pull for in the game? Hate both of them but thinking the Illini win would be good for Hawks?

It woulda been nice if Illinois coulda pulled that game off simply for seeding in the BTT. Theres 4 games left and Iowa is 2 games out for the double bye. Its looking like Iowa will be playing on Thursday.

Welcome to life in the "pits". It's been going on since I've been playing the game (since the late '70s). You're just now noticing? :confused:

I agree about the shot clock. Let's go with the same as the women, 30 seconds. After all isn't Title XIX all about women's sports being equal to men's sports?

ehhhh, no, it hasn't....The grab and hold, grind-it-out NBA basketball went away about a decade ago. The only positive thing that came out of the brawl in Detroit. The owners/Stern finally realized they needed to put a better product out on the floor. Watch NBA games now, it is a free flowing game for the most part, nothing like college b-ball.

This. College is far more physical than the nba now.

Guys like Steph Curry who dominate now wouldn't even be able to be on the court in the nba 15 years ago when you could put your hands all over people and hammer them in the lane.

All college reffing is a joke. How can you justify not having full-time refs for football/basketball when they make millions? Billions? Just dumb, and F Florida and their damn paid off refs in that 06 Outback bowl (yes still bitter).

I agree this is THE problem with college officiating.

Lack of structure and accountability to enforce changes and keep things consistent.

Remember the "emphasis" on freedom of movement? Yeah, didn't last.

Latest posts