Watching Arizona State v AZ Game

^ agreed. Foles in the clutch is incredible, doesn't get rattled at all. Their last drive before OT looked eerily similar to the Iowa one, he played like a man on a mission, great poise.

there should not be any doubt that Foles will have a better NFL career than Stanzi. Stanzi's upside is Jim Sorgi. Foles upside is Kyle Orton.

If I was a Arizona player... I'd have a hard time playing for Stoops - with all the yelling he does at players. It even looked like the coaches would step in between from time to time to redirect the focus on them instead of the player...

Are you completely ignoring the tail end of 2008 and all of 2009, or was Stanzi just a mirage in those years?

0-5 is 0-5. One game is mere chance. Two isn't much either. Three is something. Four is bad. Five is Rex Grossman.

As for 09, some of those were close because he was awful for most of the game.

ZERO out of FIVE! and he wasn't exactly facing 2000 Ravens.

AZ reminds of ISU years back. Beat Iowa and then their season sucks.

I think it is more accurate to assume that Iowa plays down to the level of it's competition rather than thinking all these teams play extra hard for Iowa and tank the rest of the season. This explains why Iowa can play Ohio State in close games yet lose to a Minnesota team.

Last edited:
If I was a Arizona player... I'd have a hard time playing for Stoops - with all the yelling he does at players. It even looked like the coaches would step in between from time to time to redirect the focus on them instead of the player...

No kidding, I was going to post the same thing. I can't believe he gets anyone to go there. It is embarrassing. Thought he was going to punch that kicker.

I know Arizona lost and I know you are taking a shot at the Iowa D with this post but it is stuff like this that maybe you should wait until after the game to post or not post at all as it makes you look stupid.

Did you see any of the 2nd half? Foles was a different QB, he turned into the one that played Iowa...... and oh by the way, he led another 4th quarter drive 80 yards that should have won the game.

Ah yes I did see Foles in the 2nd half you dipstick. Foles is good you're not going to hold him down for a full 60 but you did notice he got replaced for a few drives didn't you...or were you out to lunch during that period of the game. To rip on my post when yours was possibly more anti-diluvian. Additionally, by disrupting him so badly in the first half ASU was able to be in a position to win the game or did you miss that too. You might be a postgraduate but your mama should have told you not to get into a battle of wits when you are unarmed.

you must have forgotten the announcers commenting on the fact that ASU was running a basic defense, with all players executing their assignments. heard that more than once. As far as Iowa failing to play "high intensity smash mouth football"......i think this post is more of a fail than that.

What are you even talking about? More of fail than the Iowa D who gave up like 40 points to AZ and especially the 40 yd pass play late in the game?!

We've lost many a game under Ferentz because we simply didn't match the intensity of our competition.

No kidding, I was going to post the same thing. I can't believe he gets anyone to go there. It is embarrassing. Thought he was going to punch that kicker.

I agree... Can't understand how he can garner any respect with that type of demeanor.

you must have forgotten the announcers commenting on the fact that ASU was running a basic defense, with all players executing their assignments. heard that more than once. As far as Iowa failing to play "high intensity smash mouth football"......i think this post is more of a fail than that.

REALLY Look at the stats GENIUS!
DEFENSE: 120 Teams...and REALLY disappointing
Pass Efficiency (Below the mid-point probably about 60 or so)
Tackles for Loss--112th (ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!)
Sacks--81st
First Downs Allowed--36th (Tied with KENT STATE OMG)
3rd Down Conv. %---54th (Again recipe for mediocrity)
4th Down Conv. %---79th (Recipe for being lucky your record is mediocre)
INTs---9th (Really good...guys caught the ball when mistakes were made)
Passing Def.----58th, 58th, 58th (ties in nicely with lack of TFLs and Sacks)

Latest posts