Watched Nebraska - Iowa 2014 Again on BTN

WinOneThisCentury

A couple of observations:

1) Rudock - I remember he didn't have a good day that day. Honestly, it was awful. Not just the two turnovers in the red zone in the first half, but the decisions were unbelievably poor throughout the game. I can't see him being missed this year...unless CJ gets hurt. He's fine throwing when he isn't moving or isn't under pressure, but when he gets pressure or has to get it out quickly, it usually has nothing on it...or is inaccurate. A few of his long throws were no where near anyone...and guys were open.

2) Outside Zone - What the hell. Sure, Canzeri had a few nice runs in the first quarter...but when I counted 7 for 10 went for zero or negative yardage at one point...why in the hell are you running that crap with Weisman? Nebraska safeties were reading the TE key and every time they looked to block they were shooting a seam to the outside and stopping the play. If we don't have any other play action off that, other than the bootleg, give it up...or go to man blocking or trap somebody.

3) After a good game against Wisconsin...our LBs were terrible in run defense. I know Gordon had a big day, but we beat the crap out of him and he had one 85 yard run or something like that to pad his numbers. Against Nebraska...these guys were completely out of position half the time...especially the guy that left the team...Spearman Not going to be missed either.

Don't disagree with any of that analysis... And that's what made that game so so frustrating because as bad as it was played they still should have won and won easily.

nm8jm.jpg

I watched it a couple of weeks ago, the 60 minute version. Last fall I knew it was a bad game for Rudock. When you see the entire game in 60 minutes...in my mind it went from a bad game (Rudock) to a terrible game. It also made me realize why Ferentz made the decision to give CJ more playing time in the bowl game. Rudock overthrew, missed open receivers over and over again. It was a career ending day. If Harbaugh watched it he won't be playing for Michigan either.

Rudock had a very bad game but special teams (Punt Coverage) and defensive play were even worse in the 2nd half. Entire punt coverage team should have had a career ending day after that 2nd half performance.

I watched it a couple of weeks ago, the 60 minute version. Last fall I knew it was a bad game for Rudock. When you see the entire game in 60 minutes...in my mind it went from a bad game (Rudock) to a terrible game. It also made me realize why Ferentz made the decision to give CJ more playing time in the bowl game. Rudock overthrew, missed open receivers over and over again. It was a career ending day. If Harbaugh watched it he won't be playing for Michigan either.

JR had plenty of games as bad prior to Nebraska. The fact that it took to the 13th game of the season for Ferentz to make a change is all that needs to be said about his inability to effectively manage this program.

JR had plenty of games as bad prior to Nebraska. The fact that it took to the 13th game of the season for Ferentz to make a change is all that needs to be said about his inability to effectively manage this program.

Welp this is something we can certainly agree on. The decision to stick with Jake the Snake when he piddled away the ISU game, almost pizzed away the Ball St. game, and put us in the hole to Pitt was just pure idiocy. The game has pass KF by in many ways, and this is one of them. He simply doesn't know what buttons to push to win games on Saturday, and he certainly has never known how to game plan to win games. He is gonna line up and do the same freaking thing he did 12 years ago no matter how different the makeup of his team.

Its still hard to relive that game in my head, I couldn't image watching it again on tv. That one over throw by Ruddock that would have sealed the game for Iowa...and that punt return...yuck.

This was a totally unwatchable football game. Just awful.
It was very watchable until the second punt return. After that, I knew it was over. Nice scouting job by the coaches...smfh. Even I knew you don't punt to that guy, especially twice! He himself expressed surprise after the game that the Hawks were dumb enough to do that.

It was very watchable until the second punt return. After that, I knew it was over. Nice scouting job by the coaches...smfh. Even I knew you don't punt to that guy, especially twice! He himself expressed surprise after the game that the Hawks were dumb enough to do that.

I'm pretty sure our punter was trying to kick away from him. That should tell you how good our punters are...not very.

What boggles my mind about KF and Ruddock and the Nebby game summed it up is that KF pulls players who make mistakes but he wouldnt pull Jake. The hawks could have had a 41-7 lead on Nebby by the end of the third and Nebby would have folded.

Instead we watched JR make two bad turnovers in the red zone that would have at least been 6 points. The JR went stagnant for I think 5 drives late in the 3rd and thru the 4th. The overthrown pass late in the 3rd was a coffin nail.

I just hope CJ can have a great year and lead the hawks to at least 8 wins.

I wasn't even ****** after that one. The season had already gone in the crapper. I sat in Kinnick, laughed after the final TD and walked out. The locks on the coaches offices should've been changed following the game. Not at Iowa.

I wasn't even ****** after that one. The season had already gone in the crapper. I sat in Kinnick, laughed after the final TD and walked out. The locks on the coaches offices should've been changed following the game. Not at Iowa.

The locks were changed for the coaches after the game......just for the wrong team.

What boggles my mind about KF and Ruddock and the Nebby game summed it up is that KF pulls players who make mistakes but he wouldnt pull Jake. The hawks could have had a 41-7 lead on Nebby by the end of the third and Nebby would have folded.

Instead we watched JR make two bad turnovers in the red zone that would have at least been 6 points. The JR went stagnant for I think 5 drives late in the 3rd and thru the 4th. The overthrown pass late in the 3rd was a coffin nail.

I just hope CJ can have a great year and lead the hawks to at least 8 wins.

I will always believe that kfootball simply would not make a qb change in 2014 (or let JR take snaps in 2012) because the fans were putting heavy pressure on him to do so and he won't allow anyone to think he buckled to fan pressure. Whether I am right or wrong is irrelevant as the mere decision to stand pat each season, show a faulty thought and evaluation process that shouldn't be afforded to any coach; particularly one making 4 mil.

Latest posts