Watch replay?

revkev73

I was watching a hockey game (Vegas/Calgary replay from last night) during the Iowa @ Wisconsin game, hoping to check the BB score when the hockey was finished and watch a replay or condensed game next.

Is there anything in the game worth watching? Please advise.

tenor.gif

I was watching a hockey game (Vegas/Calgary replay from last night) during the Iowa @ Wisconsin game, hoping to check the BB score when the hockey was finished and watch a replay or condensed game next.

Just delete it.

I turned it on when Iowa was down 3 points. I turned it back on when Iowa was down twenty points, and then I turned it on when there was about twenty seconds left. I think I enjoy it more when they aren't very good. There is a lot less stress.

Wisconsin completely took Iowa out of any semblance of offense. Moss had a nice interior feed to Kriener and that was it. For the night. Oh, and Connor had a nice feed to Garza and Luka got credit when Reuvers was called for goaltending. So that's two possessions.

Other than that? Wisconsin was in passing lanes. They were doubling and recovering. They knew where we were tying go with the ball before our players did. They saw that the refs were going to swallow the whistles (for them) and got even more physical. Khalil Iverson looked like Gary Payton on defense.

Once the lead got to fifteen, we settled for rec league chucking and those weren't falling either. The most telling sequence was when we called timeout following a media timeout, or may have called two time outs in a row, and couldnt even get a shot attempt either possession.

When Ethan Happ wasn't stuffing the stat line he found enough time and energy to hold Tyler Cook scoreless. Yes, I did not make that up.

Epitaph to the story. I get to go out for fish tonight with my wife and about a dozen in laws, nieces and nephews. Every last bloody one of them a badger fan.

JBo hit a nice looking 3 to put us up 3-2. Before that it was ugly. After that it was really ugly. Unwatchable

Wisconsin completely took Iowa out of any semblance of offense. Moss had a nice interior feed to Kriener and that was it. For the night. Oh, and Connor had a nice feed to Garza and Luka got credit when Reuvers was called for goaltending. So that's two possessions.

Other than that? Wisconsin was in passing lanes. They were doubling and recovering. They knew where we were tying go with the ball before our players did. They saw that the refs were going to swallow the whistles (for them) and got even more physical. Khalil Iverson looked like Gary Payton on defense.

Once the lead got to fifteen, we settled for rec league chucking and those weren't falling either. The most telling sequence was when we called timeout following a media timeout, or may have called two time outs in a row, and couldnt even get a shot attempt either possession.

When Ethan Happ wasn't stuffing the stat line he found enough time and energy to hold Tyler Cook scoreless. Yes, I did not make that up.

Epitaph to the story. I get to go out for fish tonight with my wife and about a dozen in laws, nieces and nephews. Every last bloody one of them a badger fan.
I wonder who will go first in the NBA draft after this game, Happ or Cook? Happ can't shoot free throws.

I was gone last night and was planning to watch it when I got home. Then I thought of the line from Major League 2 where Bob Uecker was shedding positive light on Willie Mays Hayes and Jesse "The Body" Ventura's new movie that was so bad it was only in theaters for 2 1/2 hours. "I did hear, however, that it was in focus."

I missed the game and watched it, even knowing how bad it was. Made me feel a lot better about my own job performance.

I've been watching Hawk basketball for more than 40 years. I turned it off once we went down 48-28, the first time I've ever turned a game off out of frustration. They've been blown out before over the years but last night was the first time I've seen them look so feckless, hopeless and without the will to try and win once they fell behind.

I've been watching Hawk basketball for more than 40 years. I turned it off once we went down 48-28, the first time I've ever turned a game off out of frustration. They've been blown out before over the years but last night was the first time I've seen them look so feckless, hopeless and without the will to try and win once they fell behind.
"An Army in full retreat is one of the saddest sights one will ever see."

At least you watched a good hockey game.

Note: Don't mess with Fleury
Yes, it was a great game, wife and I saw it in person and wanted to watch it with the announcing last night. Two guys in their 30s came to sit down next to my wife. I told her, "Those two guys are from Sweden." She said, "Stop judging people like that, you have no idea who they are or where they are from." (unconscious bias) Five minutes later she said, "These two guys are from Sweden, here to see William Karlsson play." REALLY? WOW! Who would have guessed that?

Fleury dropped the gloves and wanted to fight the other goalie at the red line! Coach Gallant was interviewed about it after the game and said, smiling, "No, we don't want Flower to fight anyone, everyone on the team knows that."

Very exciting venue.

Same, I turned it off shortly after halftime. Just saw that Wisconsin was so efficient scoring the ball, when they missed they'd get an offensive rebound and another chance. Meanwhile we were bricking wide open shots dribbling off our legs, making poor entry passes and I knew it was only going to get worse. This was the first time this year I've turned off the game. I checked back a couple times only to see the deficit ballooned, I'm actually really surprised we only lost by 20.

Got out rebounded badly by the worst rebounding team in the conference. I mean Wisconsin doesn't even try to rebound normally, just fall back so as to keep the pace slow. But once they noticed that Iowa thought boxing out was too much work, they decided to stroll towards the rim and clean up the glass. I can't remember what the number was, but I believe WI had the highest amount of 2nd chance points they've had all season.

Hell, even Lickliter would be laughing at this team's performance. May be the worst I've ever seen a Hawkeye team perform. Pathetic.

If you like watching food go bad, by all means watch this game.