Washpun Commits to Tennessee

Cedar Rapids area has 6 D-I ball players. McCaffery got 1 of the 6...that doesn't look good!

Local kids don't want to play for Iowa and the "immediate playing time and new practice facility" pitch isn't working. Time to come up with new pitch.

Cedar Rapids area has 6 D-I ball players. McCaffery got 1 of the 6...that doesn't look good!

Local kids don't want to play for Iowa and the "immediate playing time and new practice facility" pitch isn't working. Time to come up with new pitch.

Get the Purell ready for a lot of handshakes buddy.

It's been just over a year since Fran/staff were hired....my goodness, Fran walked into a program that was completely driven into the ground.

You also have to remember that these kids were probably 10 at the most the last time people were overly positive about Iowa Basketball. And if you consider the end of Mr. Davis's era, then they were even younger. Sure we had the one really good year that people were excited about but we lost in the first round of the tournament as a 3 seed. They grew up with a lot of negatives surrounding the program. Bad coaching. Bad records. And an empty CHA. The coaches that have been recruiting these same kids for the past 3-4 years have driven that into their head. Coach Fran and staff can't just go in and turn that around in a few short months.

You also have to remember that these kids were probably 10 at the most the last time people were overly positive about Iowa Basketball. And if you consider the end of Mr. Davis's era, then they were even younger. Sure we had the one really good year that people were excited about but we lost in the first round of the tournament as a 3 seed. They grew up with a lot of negatives surrounding the program. Bad coaching. Bad records. And an empty CHA. The coaches that have been recruiting these same kids for the past 3-4 years have driven that into their head. Coach Fran and staff can't just go in and turn that around in a few short months.

Agreed. We need to give Fran some time before we do anything drastic. (firing assistants) I believe he has a great staff and we will start seeing their recruiting start to warm up next year and the year after. This is when they'll have had a solid 2 years to start building good relationships with recruits. Up to now we are just jumping in at the end of the recruiting process on a lot of players and they feel they need to be loyal to the coaches were their first. We just haven't had that chance to be first yet.

If it is all about building relationships then I guess we are an absolute guaranteed no fail lock for Woodbury, Katenda and Gessel.

If it is all about building relationships then I guess we are an absolute guaranteed no fail lock for Woodbury, Katenda and Gessel.

Gessel has looked to be a pretty strong Nebraska lean for some time now, from what has been said around here. I won't be at all surprised if he doesn't come.

I really am not impressed by Woodbury but you cannot coach size I guess...But wow...we need to get it together...

I can't believe some of these people don't get the irony in some of these people posting all this in the same post, "I didn't want him to commit anyways, he's no good....all you people shouldn't bash fran he knows what he's doing and will get it done give him time!" <- If Fran offered him than by definition wouldn't fran think he is capable of playing D1 ball?? Come on guys, get real...

We need to get this class together, (Carter, Olesani, and Katenda you listening??)

Dude what's your problem? Building relationships is very important, but doesn't guarantee you to get recruits. There are many variables that go into recruiting but when you are neck and neck with a recruit, the coaches who were there first and built the better relationship are more likely to win out. There's no guarantees or locks in recruiting. Your negative act on here is getting quite old on here, Ryno.

If Washpun had committed to Iowa, Ryno would be complaining that Iowa is doomed because they had to settle for him...now we're doomed because he's not coming here...and we were already doomed because most of our recruits have offers from other schools...but we were doomed before that because if they had an offer from Iowa, they must not be any good...ah crap...we're doomed!

If Wes was to look at the two boards between Tenn. and Iowa. He would have saw that 90% of Iowa fans didn't want him... and 90% of Tenn fans wanted him. I dont blame him for going to Tenn.

Good for him! We didn't give him much respect until just recently. Hope his dream comes true.

I'm not saying we are doomed. But the fact that some of you don't think it is concerning how many recruits this staff has missed on then I guess I wish I shared your optimism of a below average basketball team. I like Fran and want him to succeed but if he can't recruit, which we all agreed was Lickliter's major problem, then how do we get better. I just see Fran his staff put in all this work only to get the cold shoulder consistently and it hurts because I want to see him do well.

BTW, it's passion that I show. I always want the best for Iowa. Some of you just don't care about things as much as some of us others but I've never degraded you as a fan.

If Wes was to look at the two boards between Tenn. and Iowa. He would have saw that 90% of Iowa fans didn't want him... and 90% of Tenn fans wanted him. I dont blame him for going to Tenn.

LOL, yes he picked Tennessee because of message boards.

I'm not saying we are doomed. But the fact that some of you don't think it is concerning how many recruits this staff has missed on then I guess I wish I shared your optimism of a below average basketball team. I like Fran and want him to succeed but if he can't recruit, which we all agreed was Lickliter's major problem, then how do we get better. I just see Fran his staff put in all this work only to get the cold shoulder consistently and it hurts because I want to see him do well.

BTW, it's passion that I show. I always want the best for Iowa. Some of you just don't care about things as much as some of us others but I've never degraded you as a fan.

You're the biggest drama queen on this site, especially since TH was banned. Concern is one thing. You're always one step from falling off the ledge.

Latest posts