Was that the ugliest win in KIrk's tenure??????????????????????????

I'll take 12 of them.

We're starting 12-0?

I_want_to_believe5.jpg

I'll take an ugly win in Madison any day of the week. We look like that against Illinois I'll be concerned

Pedo State was 6-4 Iowa gave them 2 safeties on punter walkouts of the end zone. As far as I'm concerned no win is ugly over a top 25 team on the road!

You got a point.

Wasn't Sails down to us and Wisky? Maybe we just won a SECOND CONTEST??

A win is a win so take it and move on but we shouldnt have had to chit ourselves the way we did all 4th quarter. I had to change my drawers twice.

I'm still wearing mine. My poop smells like Roses.:cool:

I like this subject. Not all wins are a work of art. This game today reminds me a little of 2007 Iowa-Illinois game that Iowa won 10-6. A year when Iowa went 6-6 and no bowl, and Illinois went to the Rose Bowl.

Good old Ron Zook decided to not decline a penalty that would have gave Iowa 4th down and instead made Iowa replay 3rd down, and of course Iowa ended up scoring a TD on the next play, the only TD of the game.

Dumb thread. We won in Madison! Wisconsin D' is pretty good but ours is better!

Hey even jon miller said it was ugly...

Why does everyone have to live in ultimate black and white ?

It's possible to win and be happy... but yet admit reality and have perspective.

The tendency for some people to think that somehow virtue only exists in one extreme is just so strange.

Hey even jon miller said it was ugly...

Why does everyone have to live in ultimate black and white ?

It's possible to win and be happy... but yet admit reality and have perspective.

The tendency for some people to think that somehow virtue only exists in one extreme is just so strange.

BTC, as one of the most negative posters of the last few years, I think today are no negatives. The offense was playing uphill against a really good D. But they played well enough to win, especially Canzeri and Vandenberg.

Betcha every B1G opponent is going to intensively study the film of this game. It shows all of Iowa's warts in one game. Iowa will have to get better even to survive.

Can we destroy all the films and all the negatives?

Iowa has had a lot of ugly losses under Ferentz. So this one doesn't compare to any of those.

Any road win in adverse weather conditions against a team with equal or slightly superior overall talent is a good win. It doesn't matter if the score is 3-2 as long as you score at least one more point than your opponent, get the "ugly" win, take your trophy home where it belongs and get to work looking good next week.

Latest posts