Was Fran in on recruiting Ja Morant of Murray State

uihawk82

Just wondering. I havent watched this kid much but I have heard about him. Looks like the real deal who could have really helped the hawks the last two years. Maybe Fran doesnt want a guy like this because the kid is too much like Fran? who knows. I hope Joe Toussaint is just as good.

I could see more kids going to smaller schools. And why not? There is only a few teams that have a chance to win it all. May as well be a big fish in a small pond.

Cool story. Can't wait to watch him in the tourney. He was clearly overshadowed on his AAU team which can happen. Unreal AAU team as at least two on that team could go 1-3 drafted in the NBA, Zion and himself.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

I could see more kids going to smaller schools. And why not? There is only a few teams that have a chance to win it all. May as well be a big fish in a small pond.
Yeah I wonder why more don't too. But it's the exposure too they want. The Dukes, UNCs, just provide more ESPN TV time. For those that could care less about that why not go to a smaller school. Imagine dominating at UNI like that. Or how McDermott did at Creighton. (granted he just developed into what he did he wasn't a 4 star recruit) But you get my point. That'd be a ton of fun I would think. Less pressure and just go out and ball.

The entire Phoenix Suns front office and coaching staff plus owner, Robert Sarver, went to see this kid last week in his conference tournament. The Suns should have a top 3 pick in the NBA draft and if they can't get Zion, this kid is the likely picl.

I'm by no means a fan of Fran's, but I don't think it's fair to hold him responsible for not recruiting any players that slipped under the radar. Morant is a phenomenal player, and an even better story, I'm guessing if he was a bigger prospect at the time a bigger fish would have swept in and he still wouldn't have been a Hawkeye. Can't believe I just stood up for Fran, I better get checked out.

I think it is entirely possible that Fran would have coached this kid down to where he may of gotten a shot in the developmental league.

I'm by no means a fan of Fran's, but I don't think it's fair to hold him responsible for not recruiting any players that slipped under the radar. Morant is a phenomenal player, and an even better story, I'm guessing if he was a bigger prospect at the time a bigger fish would have swept in and he still wouldn't have been a Hawkeye. Can't believe I just stood up for Fran, I better get checked out.

I am not holding Fran responsible, I just dont follow Bball recruiting much so wondered if Fran or coaches visited this kid. They need to find one of these really good pt guards every two years.

Fran got Tyler Cook. While not as over lloked, he played with Jason Tatum, in both HS and AAU.