Wait Until Next Year

wally59

If you think the offense was predictable this year, the Hawks are going to have a new quarterback and if KOK is still there you know he likes to bring them on slowly. Don't want to give them to much, they could make mistake, might hurt the self esteem

LOL!!! there's not enough of these post today is there? hey, i got total Debby downer syndrome today myself--- we'll get through it and move on--- until next year when the dang author of this post is right and we're stuck with the "cynics were right again" situation.

I don't know if we will be better or worse however expectations will be low like they were in 07 and 08. Getting to 8 wins could very well be perceived as a good season.

Well if KOK doesnt change (and I said change not fire) all we can do as hawk fans is hope for luck. Thats how he has set things up. Be safe dont do anything just sit back hopefully the defense can take care of it. When there is no luck like this year we make the defense stay on the field all day and they start looking bad. I bet KOK is scared of his own shadow.

We are all disappointed with a 7-5 record this season but we will feel fortunate to finish with a 7-5 record next season.

IMO, if Jim Harbaugh is hired by Michigan I don't think Iowa ever sees a divisional championship. Not when competing with Nebraska AND Michigan not to forget NW owns us. I think if Harbaugh can make Stanford a football power he gets Michigan back to Bo Schembechler days. We may get lucky once every 10 years but then have to worry about Nebraska. Harbaugh changes the dynamic of the division effectively starting next year. We would match up style wise but the talent level between us and them would be so great it wouldn't matter.

Ferentz's best coaching job opportunity starts next season.

Last edited:
We are all disappointed with a 7-5 record this season but we will feel fortunate to finish with a 7-5 record next season.

IMO, if Jim Harbaugh is hired by Michigan I don't think Iowa ever sees a divisional championship. Not when competing with Nebraska AND Michigan not to forget NW owns us. I think if Harbaugh can make Stanford a football power he gets Michigan back to Bo Schembechler days. We may get lucky once every 10 years but then have to worry about Nebraska. Harbaugh changes the dynamic of the division effectively starting next year. We would match up style wise but the talent level between us and them would be so great it wouldn't matter.

Ferentz's best coaching job opportunity starts next season.

Wow, I'm shocked, a negative post from you. Seriously, do you go through life with this negative attitude, it isn't healthy or do you just play a dbag on this board trying to rile up the natives?

Wow, I'm shocked, a negative post from you. Seriously, do you go through life with this negative attitude, it isn't healthy or do you just play a dbag on this board trying to rile up the natives?

How is my statement negative more than realistic? I said Iowa would go 9-3 this season with a shot at and at-large BCS/Capital One at worst and got absolutely hammered for it and how negative I sounded. That looks pretty d@mn positive now doesn't it!

I'm not being negative, I'm stating the obvious. Much of my opinion on the Harbaugh situation and Iowa's next season is the same as many others including the media. Some have even said Iowa may finish with a losing record. If you don't seriously think Jim Harbaugh would change the dynamic of the division, you are in serious need of a reality check and come out of our overly optimistic world. What he has done at Stanford will only be amplified with much better resources and fanbase in Ann Arbor. If Kirk doesn't step up his game, it will be a huge struggle to compete with the likes of Michigan and Nebraska without some serious down years by them.

Hopefully Kirk will realize this if it comes to reality and step up his game. Next season no one will expect much from this team so Ferentz has a chance to have his best coaching job opportunity next season and prove nothing is wrong with the program.

How is my statement negative more than realistic? I said Iowa would go 9-3 this season with a shot at and at-large BCS/Capital One at worst and got absolutely hammered for it and how negative I sounded. That looks pretty d@mn positive now doesn't it!

I'm not being negative, I'm stating the obvious. Much of my opinion on the Harbaugh situation and Iowa's next season is the same as many others including the media. Some have even said Iowa may finish with a losing record. If you don't seriously think Jim Harbaugh would change the dynamic of the division, you are in serious need of a reality check and come out of our overly optimistic world. What he has done at Stanford will only be amplified with much better resources and fanbase in Ann Arbor. If Kirk doesn't step up his game, it will be a huge struggle to compete with the likes of Michigan and Nebraska without some serious down years by them.

Hopefully Kirk will realize this if it comes to reality and step up his game. Next season no one will expect much from this team so Ferentz has a chance to have his best coaching job opportunity next season and prove nothing is wrong with the program.

All of this assumes that Rodriguez gets the boot.

I don't know if we will be better or worse however expectations will be low like they were in 07 and 08. Getting to 8 wins could very well be perceived as a good season.

I don't think you'll see the same kind of drop-off next year as we saw in 2007. I do think that despite the disappointment of this year that the program is generally trending upward.

Yes, obviously. While that hasn't happened many expect it will. Steve Deace - huge Michigan fan, as you know, has posted many articles that basically say he's out.

And Deace, like all of us, doesn't know any more than what has been written in the press. Besides, it isn't like Harbaugh is going to turn Michigan from the finesse team they are right now into a physical team like Stanford in one year.

Iowa's disappointing year this year does not automatically mean it's going to be Nebraska and/or Michigan fighting it out for the division every year.

I'm just glad McNutt, the guy with the best hands on the team, is going to stick around(hopefully) cause we'll need him next year. He might be the only one who can catch Vandenberg's fastball. I would expect to see alot of dropped passes next year....and not because they're thrown 4 yards infront of the reciever, either ;)

I've stated on several occasions if they get off to a 4-0 start........they'll be okay. Home to Pitt and a road game @ISU, plus two cupcakes so a 4-0 start is very doable.

The offense and JVB should be decent next year, since JVB won't have been around KOK long enough yet to start regressing...now, 2012 could be a different story

I think another interesting question about next year is which player or players are going to be the vocal leaders on the squad? It seems to me we might have been lacking a few leaders on both sides of the ball this season that not only lead by example but also motivated teammates to do the extra work that would be required to win close games; conditioning, film work, practice hard, etc.

I'm thinking some candidates might be Sash(if he stays) and Prater on defense and on offense JVB, A-Rob, McNutt? This is another key aspect of the program.

Sash will be the guy that I think will step up and be more vocal. McNutt is a VERY quiet guy. He's a great "lead by example" guy, but being vocal just doesn't seem to be in his personality. A-Rob seems that way too, though I could see him being more vocal.

I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Morris takes a big step up as a leader, either.

Latest posts